Billion Dollar Property

Someone obviously hadnt learnt their 123 in kindergarten.

11uxa9c.jpg

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=16150494&s=vic&snf=ras&tm=1202375473

well, TIC reckons property doubles every 7 years or so. so if the property is now worth $4m it could conceivably worth $1.8bn in your lifetime. maybe offer to buy it with settlement from your estate??!!

I reckon if you tightened your belt for a few years (say 1000 or so), payed the loan off then that could be a good LOE strategy.

At a 2% yield that would be 36M/year rent.

Presumably it's 1.8M?

G'Day

I have a customer in Tower Five, bought off the plan for $830,000 in 2002 and settled in May, 2005. The apartment was valued at $750,000 at settlement. His 'Bank Manager' and his 'Accountant' both said 'Walk away, Docklands is dead! You won't be able to finance it. Don't worry about your deposit, get out if you can!!!'

However, foolish man that he is, he settled. Mirvac had a tenant for him within two weeks, but he and the Main Squeeze (who had been renting in Hawthorn for $500 per week) decided to move in 'for a year, just for a laugh'.

They were kind enough to invite Mike and I to the champagne house warming. Spectacular is not the word. Just magic, just wonderful.

Mr Customer rang me, out of the blue, about two months ago.

He and She just love it. Wouldn't live anywhere else. Worth about $1,500,000 now. Silly them.

Cheers

Kristine

Last edited:
You're forgetting one thing Ausprop, it's in Docklands.

That's what he didnt forget. Even though there was abit of oversupply Docklands 2-3 years ago, right now its just going crazy there.

We launched a new tower next to Telstra Dome only last thursday. Already more than 110 of them have been sold in just over a week. I've never seen any project selling at that rate. I didnt know the demand was that huge.

I must say the prices were really good. 1bed from $325k and 2bed from $390k waterfront and high quality apartments. And $8.8 billion in developments by 2012.

Just imagine buying in Darling Harbour 10-15years ago.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll remember to put tags around my sarcasm next time :)

[sarcasm]You're forgetting one thing Ausprop, it's in Docklands.[/sarcasm]

Back