birthday gift for mum

Hi gang,

Mums birthday is coming up and im having trouble thinking of what gift to get her. Previously ive got:
Perfume
Novels
Chocolates (then get told off for contributing to her weight problem :s)
Domestic travel vouchers

Id normally just go with another one of the above but as this a big milestone (60), thought I should do a bit more.

Her main interests are reading and domestic travel (especially 'roughing it'), but im fairly unimaginative.

For her birthday shes hiring a hall and having about 100 guests, including some interstaters.

Brainstorm, go

Perhaps a little mum-son retreat. ;)

I was thinking the same. If she enjoys travel then why not spend a weekend away together.

Failing that - ugh boots are always a good fall back :) ....yes I know it's almost summer.

Cheers

Jamie

How about make a big basket of her favorite things.
They don't need to be expensive, but they could include novels, vouchers, 'healthy' foods, toiletries, scented candles etc.

Get her a watch ;).

Just kidding.

I like the idea of a big basket containing a mix of goodies too.

If you're not confident doing up an impressive looking one get help.

Perhaps a nice bunch of flowers and breakie in bed or go out for lunch/coffee and cake on the day as well.

As a mum I reckon you can't go wrong with this one.

oops... skip the cake.

What about giving her a DVD or digital presentation of her (past) life including kids/ grand-kids /memories /special events and any other memorabilia etc etc .......... PLUS a spend-as-you-like (read = $X,xxx) package for her to indulge on whatever she chooses in her new life.........................

Hi gang,

Mums birthday is coming up and im having trouble thinking of what gift to get her. Previously ive got:
Perfume
Novels
Chocolates (then get told off for contributing to her weight problem :s)
Domestic travel vouchers

Id normally just go with another one of the above but as this a big milestone (60), thought I should do a bit more.

Her main interests are reading and domestic travel (especially 'roughing it'), but im fairly unimaginative.

For her birthday shes hiring a hall and having about 100 guests, including some interstaters.

Brainstorm, go

Special 60 things
- a signed book by her favourite author (it doesn't matter if she has already read it, its special to have a signed copy)
- if she's in WA then a weekend away to some glamping at Cape Leveque
- I like the idea of a trip with you - and make a photobook of it - at 60 those memories will be very special
- find out if there is anyone special who can't make it due to budget and fly that person in.

The DVD idea was probably the best one in the thread, she's really into sentimental crap like that, but it'd be tough to organise... any tips?

- if she's in WA then a weekend away to some glamping at Cape Leveque

This is also a good idea, but wrong time of the year? Can't send her up north in monsoon season? :p

I agree with weg...watch ! We got our mum a Tissot on mother's day.

Or a small classic pendant on a chain. A birthstone perhaps but in a nice setting - the ones in some chain jewellers look a bit average so look around.

Usually you can't go wrong with 'understated and elegant' for both watch and pendant for an older lady, but do get a second opinion or two from those that know your mum well.
Oh, and make sure you know which she prefers, silver or gold.

If you want to confuse yourself further do as i did and post a few pics of pendants and watches here :(.

Or a small classic pendant on a chain. A birthstone perhaps but in a nice setting - the ones in some chain jewellers look a bit average so look around.

Usually you can't go wrong with 'understated and elegant' for both watch and pendant for an older lady, but do get a second opinion or two from those that know your mum well.
Oh, and make sure you know which she prefers, silver or gold.

If you want to confuse yourself further do as i did and post a few pics of pendants and watches here :(.

I like this idea. My friends and I just did this for a friends 50th. A couple of girls went shopping and were sending pictures to a couple of us. Eventually we all agreed on one! Will see if I can dig up a pic.

Back