Blacktown just announced new CBD plans

I've sent the link through to a couple of journos in the office to see if they can do some more research, will keep you posted :)

I am dubious, especially the high rise/business park thing.

Parramatta high rise office space is half empty.
Norwest Business Park, which is right on the north eastern border of Blacktown (just inside The Hills council) is half empty. And yet they keep building more and more buildings with no tenants.

LOL..somersoft manipulating house prices through media

I agree with DaveM...upside would be new looking CBD (which is badly needed imo) but highrise office buildings money could be better spent building better infrastructure, transport and resi-focused developments

We went to a christening couple of weeks ago at Blacktown. Noticed lots of changes at First Avenue. Paul's Warehouse has been renovated and is now occupied by Marist Youth Care. The building next to it used to be a smash repair. It is now a government training centre. There is also a new multi-level commuter car park. The old ice skate rink is now a medical centre.

Centrelink built a new building along Second Avenue. Blacktown showground appears to be getting a facelift.

Wind of change in the air at Blacktown.

Back