Bli Bli QLD (Parklakes Estate)

Hi there,

Does anyone have any information about Bli Bli in particular (parklakes estate), which is about 10min from the beach.

Also I'd be interested to hear from savvy investors who have previously build spec homes in this estate and others and would be interested to hear your stories / feedabck. Is there anything majot I need to be vigilent off. I have a builder who has a block on hold and I am thinking off taking over it and get the builder to build a specky for me. There will obviously be two contracts 1. for the land and 2. for the construction (this way I can minimise stamp duty).

Look forward to hear your thoughts
Thanks
LK

Hi there
have visited the Bli Bli castle and travelled through the area when visiting various places on the Sunshine coast - can't really comment upon park lakes estate but Bli Bli is in an area that used to be surround by sugar farms (in transition from an agricultural area).
There just seems to be constant development in all areas of the Sunshine Coast - the motorways are improving all the time (particularly to the Maroochydore area).
We have properties at Buderim and Maroochydore - but the vacancy rates in the area are quite tight - so in the longer term it may be quite a nice area to have a spec home.
Can't really comment about building in the area - as have only ever built in Canberra
thanks

Whats the turn key price? Building up in Sunny Coast is not cheap plus theres a real tradies shortage starting now. I think theres not much fat in the finished product up there. But it all depends on how cheap you get your end product, yet provide the look which will get you a premium price. Even then you're talking 10-15% margin max. Perhaps stay down in Brissy where demand seems to be more steady.

Back