Block size/house plans?

I have my PPoR on a decent sized block (3500m2) with the house set at the back of the property. I'm thinking about subdividing to create 2 blocks at the front of the lot with the current house becoming a battleaxe setup.

I'm thinking about putting the blocks into a trust setup (unsure what, haven't talked to an accountant yet) and then building on one or both to rent out. I haven't really done any figures and have only just started looking into the costs for subdivision.

My questions involve the block sizes and house plans. The maximum width I could do is about 18-18.5m each. I'm not sure how deep to make the blocks as the deeper I go the more fill will be needed (the block slopes down away from the road) and I'm not sure what the optimum size would be. Most blocks in town are 1/4 acre, though the more recent estates are 650-850m2 with most around 720m2.

What would the maximum recommended house width be for a block that is 18m wide?

I'm not rushing to get it done, just an idea I had and thought I would look into. I'll have to see how much (if any) value is lost by reducing the PPoR land size, but it might even make it worth more as there'll be less weeds to control :D

EDIT:
Also Games room or alfresco?

Jonezy, why not go & look at what is available in the new estates. This will give you a guide as to what you could put on your own blocks.

Back