Block Size

Is it possible to build on a block the size of 150sqm? If so where would you find plans for a townhouse of this size. I'm looking at cutting the backyard off from a investment property I own. Thanks

150sqm is quite small - but can be done (most blocks in cities are smaller than that).

Would be dependant upon local planning restrictions etc.

Is it possible to build on a block the size of 150sqm? If so where would you find plans for a townhouse of this size. I'm looking at cutting the backyard off from a investment property I own. Thanks

Hi there,

You won't be able to find generic plans online that will work for the block. Your best bet would be to speak with a private town planner / building designer and talk through some options. Following a site survey, a design can be made which takes into consideration your block, along with neighbouring properties and their respective windows, and planning restrictions in the area.

Cheers,

Wow, 150m2 is tiny! Anything less than 500m2 in the ACT is considered small - one of the trade offs for bad weather I suppose :rolleyes:

Cheers

Jamie

I managed to get very functional 3x2x2 townhouses onto 160 and 170 battleaxe blocks of mine in Maylands, WA despite some other constraints like sewer position etc.

Certainly can be done but nothing generic will suit, it will have to be designed specifically for the site

have a look at this 'small house' built on a 7x6m!!! block in surrys hills inner sydney. designed by dominic alvaro

Pretty cool idea. Too bad with Rescode etc these sort of buildings would never get a permit. Too many NIMBYs worried about overlooking/overshadowing/POS, you name it.

Back