Bluetooth/Phone/PC Problems

A couple of problems and I hope there's some experts in here.

Phone is a HTC Incredible S and I love it EXCEPT I can't get it to connect to any other device. I wanted to get the voice recordings and some pics off my old phone as it's got my Mum on it and she's died now - doesn't recognise my old phone at all. My old phone recognises the HTC but the HTC pairs but won't connect. From old to new - it looks like it's transferring a file but transfers 'Null' (nothing). (message says blah blah wants to send you a file - connect? and I say Yes - or something similar to this).

It also won't Bluetooth with my PC (running XP Pro). My PC doesn't find any devices and my phone doesn't find the PC. I also get connectivity problem error messages with my PC. I've been to microsoft support and the instructions to use Bluetooth are exactly what I'm doing anyway so don't know what else to try.

On my phone I'm getting an ever increasing list of devices I'm paired with but won't/can't connect to because I've been trying with anyone/everyone! Can't work out how to delete them off this list either - another annoyance!

For the record - Bluetooth is turned on and I'm 'Discoverable' on devices when I'm trying any of this.

Can't find any other helpful info in the manual either.

Any clues?

i have never had much luck with bluetooth and computers but especially XP
my best piece of advice is to try and connect your phone to the computer through a cable

or

-see if you can bluetooth to a different phone and then to yours?
-use someone elses pc preferably win 7 and try and bluetooth

can your old phone send mms or emails? maybe send them that way...

Do what Bman said,

-Try connect to PC via USB
-Try emailing the pictures from your old phone
-Connect it a wireless network (not bluetooth) and transfer via that instead
-Is there a removable micro SD card? buy a $2 card reader from Dealextreme and connect direct to a PC

Bluetooth (in my opinion) is outdated when it comes to file transfer/management, when compared to wireless and 3g connections to internet storage. I find it's only real use now is for connection to in-car handsfree systems or headsets.

It would help to know what you old phone is, more than what your new phone is...

Back