Body Corp approval for Air Conditioner

My mum has asked mr to wriite a letter to to her units body corp (private owners corp) before the upcoming AGM seeking approval for the installation of a single split system reverse cycle inverter air conditioner to be installed in her unit.

The unit is on the 4th floor of an 10 storey apartment block and several other tenants have recently applied for a similar approval and had no problems so I don't think its going to be an issue.

My questions is what details do I have to put into the approval request letter such as location, size, brand, specs and installer etc (many of which are not yet known) or would a simple one liner to the BC sufficient.

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

Can you approach one of the other people who have successfully installed an air-con to see what they wrote?

Otherwise a simple letter outlining where the unit will be placed should be sufficient. The BC can always ask specific questions if they need further information. Just ensure the unit is located in a similar location to the other ones (i.e., on a balcony).
Marg

Back