Body Corp couldn't provide fire safety certificate and certificate of occupancy ?

Hi,

Re the fire we had on sunday night, i've been informed that the Body Corporate have not been able to provide a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy, or the Fire Safety Certificate, when requested by the ACT Fire Brigade.

Anyone know more about the legal issues, implications or ramifications of this issue ?

in NSW it is absolutely essential that a building be fire certified and and occupation certificate be issued prior to anyone taking occupancy, and a vendor should insist on viewing these documents before booking in settlement.

The B/C should have received a copy of these certificates from the developer. You can find out who the private certifier was and call them, or you can call the local Council as they are required to also have a copy of those certificates.

hope this helps.

The fire equipment needs to be serviced each year. The company who is doing this is usually the company that provided the original fire safety certificate. You can find out from the BC accounts?

- Dave99

apparently the body corportate doesn't hold, and never has, for this compelx or others, either of those certificates.

i can request a copy myself from ACTPLA... at cost of course

Back