Bogan Hunters

From the show Bogan Hunters

Bogan habitat around the country, according to ?Boganologist? Paul Fenech:

Sydney: ?A toss-up between Mount Druitt and Campbelltown?
Brisbane: Logan
Melbourne: Frankston
Adelaide: Elizabeth
Western Australia: Rockingham
Darwin: Palmerston
ACT: ?Let's face it, parliament has got the best bogans in the country?.

And while there are no plans at present to show Bogan Hunters overseas, Fenech is unapologetic about the image of Australia presented by the ?reality show?.

?If some people look at it and go, 'Jesus, is this what Australia's like? Oh, my god.' Well, don't shoot the messenger. This is the bogan world. Like it or love it. It exists.

?If I was thinking about a holiday in Australia and I saw this, I'd probably be scared. If I was in Canada I think I'd maybe go to Hawaii instead.?

Link

Watched the first minute of the video . didn't watch the rest due to the crap music ... But the guy and girl in that video are not the real article .

They're just posers pretending ..... they're not the real thing........:(

I'm sure Datto , Skater and Lil Skater will back me up if they're bothered to watch it :rolleyes:

This thread has taught me one thing . Now I know where to buy cheapies in WA :)

Also reminds me of another missed opportunity . Ravenswood in Tassie . When we looked 10 years ago they were selling for 30- 40 K ...... but again we were told they dont go up

Cliff

ACT - Charnwood, Kambah and Richardson - sorry to any Canberra folk living in those burbs - I grew up in Richardson so have first hand experience :)

Cheers

Jamie

"Nobody likes...nobody likes a bogan"

They looked too clean to be real bogans and there was no bong in sight, nah.. they're pretenders alright

"Nobody likes...nobody likes a bogan"

They looked too clean to be real bogans and there was no bong in sight, nah.. they're pretenders alright

Area 7 are just a crappy ska band making crappy music for crappy people. Ever met a ska fan? They're the worst. I'd rather hang out with hippies, yeesh.

I watched the first few episodes of Bogan Hunters, got boring pretty quick. Not enough thongings.

ACT - Charnwood, Kambah and Richardson - sorry to any Canberra folk living in those burbs - I grew up in Richardson so have first hand experience :)

Cheers

Jamie

Kambah would have been regentrified and deboganised by now surely? Grew up in Griffith in Canberra and narrabundah was the bogan 'burb. Look at it now.
Cheers, Ali

Adelaide- Elizabeth has some characters but there are some real ferals that live down South around Christie Downs/Hackham West etc.

Adelaide- Elizabeth has some characters but there are some real ferals that live down South around Christie Downs/Hackham West etc.

Great comment . When was the last time you were down south in these areas ? Hackham West has a few bad streets but Hackham, Christie Downs and Huntfield heights are all going through change. There are many subdivisions going on, houses getting renovated etc.

These suburbs are nothing like Elizabeth

Last edited by a moderator:
What's interesting is they said they went to Elizabeth, but the scenes I saw were actually Smithfield Plains, Salisbury Centrelink and Salisbury North/Parafield Gardens if I remember correctly.

The only part of 'Elizabeth' was them standing in front of Holdens.

Back