Bowen Hills (Qld)

What about Inala the suburb with one of the mos' hardkore reps in BNe.
That went up over 130% over 5 years.
You may be able to pick up 2.5 units there!!
I just looked at Logan as well. That place also has a bad rep and that had some pretty awesome capital gains. Better than blue blue chip Hamilton.
So therefore what is the next dodgy suburb to play catch up (or does Inala and Logan still have lots of growth?)

So therefore what is the next dodgy suburb to play catch up (or does Inala and Logan still have lots of growth?)

No I don't believe so - they have had their day in the sun - and made people a lot of money along the way..

Dodgy suburb with still more growth.. DARRA... watch this space - already seen growth like Inala - but lots more to go.. ;)

No I don't believe so - they have had their day in the sun - and made people a lot of money along the way..

Dodgy suburb with still more growth.. DARRA... watch this space - already seen growth like Inala - but lots more to go.. ;)
Thanks for the link,have a look a west end ,highate hill,dutton park,tarragindi,and the area that gave us the most% cg for entry price in 1998 of 50k rocklea..willair//

I found this on the Cloudland Site:

Code:
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/~test.area/cloudland.pdf

Seems the development is going to have a massive impact on views for Cloudland residents. (read pdf above)

Does anyone think this will depreciate the values as well?

One argument is that you are so close to resturants, shops and parklands.. but the other view is that those beautiful views of the river and the suburbs will be gone... pretty much all you will see is 25 storey buildings.

Opinions appreciated.

It's is really hard to tell how a new development will impact on surrounding areas.

Certainly in the short term there will be construction noise and dust which is a bit of a negative. However, these new units will sell at a cost reflecting today's construction costs, which can make existing properties look like good value.

From the size of the development in the link you posted it looks like many hundreds of people will be moving in to the area, which should bring more amenities like shops, restaurants and cafes. Maybe even improved transport options, which all add to the value of an area and increase its desirability.

Unless you paid a premium for river views which will be lost, long term capital gains should be OK.

Good luck!
Marg

take a drive/walk past the gas works and into the adjoining bits of teneriffe/newstead. helen st, commercial rd and onto darth, ethel for rent signs everywhere lately

Speaking of Code :)

I have been looking at them for a few weeks – doing my research. And now I am about to jump in the prices on the latest list are up ~10K.

I am new to investing, is this normal ? For prices to jump that much in such a short time ?

Is this just agent opportunism or a reality of the market ?

Comments welcome.

http://www.code.net.au/

Mathius, do a search for the recent thread on Code - Bowen Hills.. few comments, but mainly mine :eek:

Also check out the forum called "Skyscraper life" there is a good discussion there about the development in Bowen Hills, in particular "Code".

Back