Brenda Irwin on a Current Affair

Hi all,

I am advised that my story is to aired on a Current Affair, tomorrow (Wednesday).

My husband and kids and one of my property managers in Ipswich were also filmed.

I hope I said 'something' intelligent on camera. Jeez, its not as easy as it looks on TV.

Cheers Brenda :)

Dear Brenda,

Thanks for the thumbs up. Now how many people will record it and replay it at inopportune moments? ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Brenda,

I did see some of ACA tonight- in Canberra, sandwiched betwwen sessions of the cricket- but did not see you. Did you appear?

(I did learn about a computer virus- old news- but I only saw about half of the show- you didn't give enough warning!)
Originally posted by Brenda Irwin
Hi all,

I am advised that my story is to aired on a Current Affair, tomorrow (Wednesday).

My husband and kids and one of my property managers in Ipswich were also filmed.

I hope I said 'something' intelligent on camera. Jeez, its not as easy as it looks on TV.

Originally posted by JAZPER
Branda,
It will be good to put a face to the name,
I'll be watching.
Jason.:)
For putting a face to the name, read either the Dec 03/Jan 04 API magazine, or part 2 in the (soon to be released?) Feb/March edition.

But watch ACA to put a voice to the name as well.

Originally posted by Brenda Irwin
Hi all,

Hi Geoff,

Might be better trying your luck tonight... unless youre a day ahead in CBR, which would really surprise me :D

Originally posted by geoffw
For putting a face to the name, read either the Dec 03/Jan 04 API magazine, or part 2 in the (soon to be released?) Feb/March edition.

But watch ACA to put a voice to the name as well.
Geoffw,
I thought the name sounded familiar, just pulled my copy.
Jazper

Re: Re: Brenda Irwin on a Current Affair

Originally posted by Jamie
Hi Geoff,

Might be better trying your luck tonight... unless youre a day ahead in CBR, which would really surprise me :D
Ah yes, you're right.

I've taken the last several days off to renovate, I'm not quite up with the days of the week :mad:

Hi Brenda,

Cannot wait to see the story.
I hope that this is open the eyes of my other half regarding IP's - if I can drag her from home and away.

kidders

Brenda, it would be interesting to know how the ACA audience responds to your story. I wonder if they think they can go and out and emulate your successes in today's market conditions.

I note Steve McKnight revealed a few days ago that he cashed up significantly last year, as via the quote below.

I wonder what your advice and activity will be for 2004 Brenda.

Steve McKnight 29.1.04

"Dave and I sold a significant chunk of our property portfolio last year - the deals that only serious investors would buy such as blocks of units. We did this because:

1. The price we got was nothing short of insane given the yields.
2. We thought the market of possible buyers would dry up quickly if rates increased and some of the hype went of the market.

In hindsight, we could probably have held on a bit longer and maybe eeked out a further $10,000 - but I was happy to be out of the market.

We are sitting atop a small pile of cash at the moment, pausing for breath to see what the market does and looking for the next opportunity. Yesterday we looked at buying a Video Ezy, we've also been looking into sale and leaseback of car washes, and we have an eye out for self storage places too (although these seem to be a bit pricy).

We still own about 130 or so properties though - mainly single family buy and hold houses and wrapped properties."

Just saw the programme and let me be the first to congratulate you both on a job well done!
You came across as fresh, matter-of-fact and an inspiration.
I look forward to the next API follow up:)

Congrats Brenda,

I wasn't able to catch the segment, but did read the web transcript and it sounded good. Hopefully they'll put up the video of it on the website.

Back