Brenda Irwin on a Current Affair

Originally posted by Bill.L
Hi seech,

Thanks for that, it explains a lot. However you still have extra costs because of all the trusts you have to set up and run, but with the growth Brenda has had it is well and truely worth it.

bye

Sigh.... Get good advice and do the math and then get good advice .
I think Brenda keeps structures pretty simple, can you comment Brenda ?

ab

Brenda, glad to hear you are still driving an old car. I was looking at upgrading my 85 astra to a 1 tonne tray back to deal with all the renos I hope to get around to. But will now draw smug prestige from driving my little bomb around for another year or two. :)

My goal is to park my bomb in between all the BMW X5s and Mercs at the local shopping centre, and feel smug that my money is appreciating as fast as their cars are depreciating....

My goal is to park my bomb in between all the BMW X5s and Mercs at the local shopping centre, and feel smug that my money is appreciating as fast as their cars are depreciating....

Now that's a comment I like !!!:D :D :D

Poor Astroboy, you sound like you're worn out from all the research and learning you are doing.:) I get like that too.

All our properties are jointly owned between Les and I.

They are all crosscollat with the one bank, NAB.

They are all on 30yr P&I and on variable rates with a reference rate in place.

We have a $300 limit (not a misprint) on our bankcard. If we want more money we just prepay the bandcard.

We try be at least one months extra repayments ahead with loans, so if we need a lot of cash (esp at council rates time) we can stop payments for that month.

We have a will lodged with our solicitor so if one of us goes, they surviving partner assumes the lot.

All properties are covered with $10 million public liability insurance and Landlords Protection Insurance and building insurance.

See, tis simple. :D Cheers Brenda.

Not quite worn out Brenda, just tired, I shouldn't sit up so late at night reading Somersoft posts. Loved the API article, really enjoyed ACA and of course look forward to your posts.
:)

ab

Brenda

I'm new at property investing. Some would say I've got in too late; time will tell or hopefully, time will heal all!

You've certainly done well. There was a question somewhere above about land tax. I can't remember the limits but I imagine you'd be well over. Is it a big problem for you?

Thanks for all your advice.

Land tax not a problem yet. Les and I have not hit the threshold yet. I think the level is something like $221k each for joint owners.

Thanks Brenda

So total value of land in all properties doesn't matter? Land tax only depends on individual land value?

Or are you saying that total value of all your land is still less than say $442 000/ less than $20 000 per IP if you've got 23?

Regards

Thefirstbruce

I think you my have hit on a idea for a bumper sticker there, have to work on the words, the meaning is plain and clear.

Jazper

Hi Brenda & Les

Congratulations on all your fantastic acheivements, you are an inspiration to all.

I am glad that your story is being told in API and ACA as it gives people an insight into what you can acheive with hardwork and common sense.

Enjoy the ride!

Best Wishes

Corsa

Current ULV's: $4,200 + $17,200 + $23,000 + $23,000 + $15,200 + $25,000 + $28,000 + $21,000 + $3,200 + $29,000 + $4,200 + $3,200 + $5,500 + $3,200 + $29,500 + $34,000 + $27,500 + $3,200 + $5.500 + $4,700 + $3,800 + $4,400 = $317,500

Divided by two = $158,750

Which land tax only being billed from $221,000, we have a ways to go yet.

Jazper, how about these on your bomb:

"I coulda bought a BMer, but my wife made me buy a beachfront property before the boom instead."

"It was a Merc OR this and a beachfront unit."

"The ex kept the BMer, I kept the investment properties"

I do not access RP data so I wouldn't know. Sometimes council rates take a quarter before they assess on the new ULV but most times they are the same.

Back