Brick - Paint Ideas?

Folks, Photo attached. Need some ideas to improve the look of front fa?ade. Any ideas to paint or render? But rendering is extremely costly and may not give me the return in this location. Pure renovation project.

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 153
OK.
Although most people would sensibly disagree, I really like a painted brick.
However, it's a lot of work.
I would definitely paint the rest of the building, gutters etc in colours that complement the brick and then see how you feel about it.
Also, some vegetation might help?

Build a brick planter box in front and paint the brick wall.

It really just needs something to distract you from all that brick.

I'd paint the brick and meter box a dark grey, paint the gutter a shade or too darker.

Put some burgundy and green shrubs in the planter and it will look heaps different

Here's an example of a similar colour scheme that Westminster suggestedpara hills house exterior.jpg. My personal opinion is that dark grey may be too much but a slightly lighter shade as in this photo will look fresh and modern but also make the house appear larger than a darker colour. The pergola and plantings may also work for you're house with a few amendments to the bits and pieces attached to the front fascia.

I never liked a painted brick if you still can see the bricks. It takes away the character.
Plants do stand out in grey background but I think it is more suitable for concrete fences.
Like Lila suggested, light grey could be good. Then you can enhance with black window frames or black metal fence.

You can bag the wall. That's half the cost of rendering.

Or you just render the front the bag the rest of the house.

Nick

It's you're looking for low cost I would paint the bricks then plant some native quick growing shrubs to soften the bricks a bit. Something like grevilleas where they're pretty much impossible to kill and shouldn't grow high enough to interfere with the power lines because it's unlikely the tenants will look after them.

Some great ideas suggested already! If you were one of my clients, I would recommend you leave the brick as it is for the moment. No I don't love brick but you can definitely spruce this property up by painting the trims and adding some nice landscaping. I would go with a charcoal grey/brown on gutterings/fascia/metrebox and verandah support posts. If windows are powdercoated frames, leave as is. Otherwise paint the charcoal colour here too. Paint the lean-to on the right something like Dulux, Calf Skin.

You could also paint your fences this dark grey to tie through to the house trims.

You could then plant one 'feature' tree just to the left of the centre where the brick is most prominent (set out a few metres from the front face of the house). Then add some lower set plants along the base of the house.

A couple of images from clients of mine who were going to render before they met with me...

Before
Pioneer_Pde_-_Exterior1_-_BEFORE_Big.png

After
Pioneer_Pde_-_Exterior1_-_AFTER_Big.png

Before
Lake%20Macquarie%20Exterior%20-%20BEFORE%20big.jpg

After
Lake%20Macquarie%20Exterior%20-%20AFTER%20biga.jpg

Hope you're inspired to keep the brick and work out an alternative to painting it!

Back