Brisbane building prices - any renovators here?

Am plotting a potential purchase and dreaming into the future.

Many moons ago I lifted a 2 bedroom cottage to legal head height, extended a dining room, kitchen and third bedroom, added a 6 x 4m deck with stairs to the back yard, and battened in the lower level. With a new slab at 600mm total build was $70K (circa 2000). (Note didn't have a kitchen installed, sold the house without one).

Clearly this sort of thing will be so much more now, any one have any ideas on ball park figure for the same these days? Would you get away with 200K?

I'm doing a similar project right now. you are up for about $7000 in fees and planning etc before work even begins now. Because to dig a hole for a stump you need to pay someone to test the soil and tell you how deep to dig a hole then you need to pay a draftsman to draw the hole then you need to pay an engineer to check the drawing of the hole then you dig the actual hole for $50 then u need to pay a council certifier to come out and check that u dug the hole. ..

Anyway you might be up for $20k to $30k just to raise and stump the house. I'm awaiting the quote from price right and. I can let u know how much it is. 200k to raise and build in under a 10m by 10m house sounds about right. A lot less if you do some of the work yourself. We are looking at 200k to lift the house and build in underneath extend it 10m out the back for two stories and put in a wrap around deck. Would normally be about 400k for a job like that I would imagine.

Thanks Tim, that's really great information. Yes I would love to hear about your project and the costs as you go along. I have 2 toddlers and no chance of doing any of the work myself, I also live in Perth and the house is in Brisbane.

Back