Brisbane CBD - absolutely no go zone?

Hi all,

Recently I've come across many reports and blog articles from numerous property commentators advising investors to steer clear of Brisbane CBD citing oversupply and the the resultant higher rental vacancy as a reason. Is this true in all cases? Which are would you recommend? I'm looking to make a purchase in Brisbane within the next 3 months or so and would prefer to stay within 10-15KM of the CBD.

Cheers,
MNS

There are buildings that have a higher owner occupier level. Newstead has some good options too. I haven't seen any issues with rental vacancies as yet and there still seems to be plenty of people buying.

I like inside the 5km zone, I am big fan of the changes coming to Coorparoo and Cannon Hill. A bit further out, Banyo also has a great new Woolworths development that can't hurt

Thanks for your recommendation. What do you think of Indroorpilly and surroundings? The new shopping center has added some value to the area right?

Shopping Centre has been there for years. Still Very popular because close to that, transport and Uni of Qld.

Yes I know the shopping center has been there all along but it just underwent a major renovation/expansion which must have definitely added to the attractiveness of the suburb. My current girlfriend used to live there before moving to Sydney middle
of this year and I was visiting her quite a bit So I am somewhat familiar with the area. Ita definitely a good area with good location close to lots of facilities just not sure if it's best value for money.

If buying a unit close to the cbd, I would be very, very selective in what you buy and for how much.

Be careful.

leo

Indro is a cracking suburb ( I am in Chapel Hill around the corner) and has risen recently with the completion of the new shopping centre. Good access to the City via the station.

I have just sold a block of units walking distance away in Taringa and could have sold it 3 times over.

Cheers

I just had a good friend buy with the same criteria, he used a BA, I just provided feedback and quality checked their offerings. With his budget I suggested to go for more house (free standing) and middle ring 10-15 kms out. He wanted closer so I told him min 2 beds, 2 bath ideally large enough to rent by the room one day if required, small complex, and a little further out (ie between 7-10kms out of cbd). He did that and is very happy with the result. Nothing wrong with inner Bris but personally wouldnt be targeting the towers right now. Just my opionion not my market but fwiw there is 2 cents.

Back