Brisbane CBD

Anyone here invested in 1 or 2 bed apartments in Brisbane CBD? I feel many of these are good CF opps, with decent yields and potential for CG.. Would love to know of any experiences investing in this area.. Cheers!

Anyone here invested in 1 or 2 bed apartments in Brisbane CBD? I feel many of these are good CF opps, with decent yields and potential for CG.. Would love to know of any experiences investing in this area.. Cheers!

This topic has been done to death:

1) You need at least 80% LVR
2) Capital growth has been a joke, on a 300k place you might have made 30k in the past 7 years but even then we are back at 2005 prices
3) Yields are ok? Average BC is 8k even up to 13k at Park Regis
4) 1 bedroom? forget it - limited re-sale value, hopefully you get a carpark unlike M on Mary
5) You buy in the city for lifestyle not to make money.

Thanks for your insight. My Investment goals are built on acquiring CF+ properties so CG is not a huge concern to me.. It would really only be a bonus.. Although the QLD govt. is pouring $134bn. into Brisbane infrastructure over the next 18 years so I would expect some CG.

Brisbane CBD was named as one of the top rental yielding areas in QLD in 2011 (things may have changed by now) and looking at some initial figures some properties seem easily self sustainable..

There may be better places to invest but I could imagine high occupancy, easy tenants and low risk of rents reducing given its proximity to employment. Would love to hear from anyone involved in Brisbane CBD investment. Cheers!

Thanks for your insight. My Investment goals are built on acquiring CF+ properties so CG is not a huge concern to me.. It would really only be a bonus.. Although the QLD govt. is pouring $134bn. into Brisbane infrastructure over the next 18 years so I would expect some CG.

Brisbane CBD was named as one of the top rental yielding areas in QLD in 2011 (things may have changed by now) and looking at some initial figures some properties seem easily self sustainable..

There may be better places to invest but I could imagine high occupancy, easy tenants and low risk of rents reducing given its proximity to employment. Would love to hear from anyone involved in Brisbane CBD investment. Cheers!

I'm not in the qld market and not qualified to comment, however, as pointed out in the the reply, the body corp/owners corp fees often MORE than dissolve any perceived cf+ from most of those properties you're looking at...
I recently looked at an apartment in moroochydore for $185k - 2 bed! BC fees were $5k per annum and the rent put it at break even with the costs all tolled.

Looked awesome initially but a proper look at the figures dissolved its appeal immediately. Good luck with the search.

I am also interested in the Brisbane CBD. Even though they have not done much in the last 5 years or so, I want to buy something to hold onto for 30 years or so. Seems to me like it is possible to go positive cashflow from day 1. Does anyone recommend any particular buildings?

If you have a look at a building like M on Mary, there are about 30 units for sale... you have to wonder why.

boggo

hi guys, long time reader, first time post...

reason being is that the guy i have bought my 3 Brisbane inner city properties with has advised me that they have an exclusive apartment project coming on in the Brisbane CBD. 1 bedroom starting from 335k without a car and 360k with a car....

I have already filled my EOI out for a 1 bedroom with a car and a 2 bedroom... reason for purchase is that the rents in the CBD are outstanding and i buy and hold properties so i will gain CG down the track.

happy to pass his details on.

good luck with everyones search.

hi guys, long time reader, first time post...

reason being is that the guy i have bought my 3 Brisbane inner city properties with has advised me that they have an exclusive apartment project coming on in the Brisbane CBD. 1 bedroom starting from 335k without a car and 360k with a car....

I have already filled my EOI out for a 1 bedroom with a car and a 2 bedroom... reason for purchase is that the rents in the CBD are outstanding and i buy and hold properties so i will gain CG down the track.

happy to pass his details on.

good luck with everyones search.

Haha

Nice try

Back