Brisbane for an IP?

Hi fellow investors,

A lot of experts are suggesting Sth East Qld for am area to buy property at the moment and hinting on Brisbane.

Do you have any advice on the best areas in Sth East Qld to buy an IP. I am looking in the $450-$500k range.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Andrew

Very hard question as there are lots of opportunities. I'd suggest the areas that I know such as Chermside, Nundah, Wavell Heights and Northgate.

On a radio program I heard yesterday, it was suggested that now is a good time to do research with the aim of buying early next year.

Hi Andrew,

I would tend to agree with the North Brisbanite that is a very hard question to answer. With the money that you are looking at buying you could purchase two properties in certain Brisbane areas. From my experience, I have purchased rental properties all over Brisbane and I tend to get the best results from the Logan area in relation to the rent received. To buy in Logan I would search for a brick home as there is less maintenance on them. After speaking to a couple of agents last week I know a lot of people are offering around the $200,000 bracket and the properties would typically rent out for about $300 to $310 per week. These are in suburbs such as Woodridge, Kingston, Logan Central, and some parts of Slacks Creek. If you spend up around the money, though, you could also consider Browns Plains, Hillcrest, Regents Park, and Boronia Heights as these have an enormous boost to its infrastructure both in quality of living and commercially.

Andrew, we also acquires distress properties from motivated vendors and supply them to investors as rental properties. If this interests you, please drop me a personal message with the contact details and I can send some information.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason Moore.

I have to go with Jason here as the Logan area I know well.

I did well with a 3 BR house a while ago in Slacks Creek, grew about 9% pa for the time I owned it. It has not really moved in the last 2 years though.

If I was going to buy something in Brisbane at the moment, I would be looking for high yields but with some prospect for capital gain in the next 4 to 5 years.

You could buy a house in this area for $220k+ and I just had a quick search for units in Woodridge and they start as low as $130k (for a 1 bedroom)!

I think you can easily achieve a 6 to 7% yield in these areas which is great cashflow while you wait for the capital gains.

The logan area is also being opened up more with infrastructure. Plans to expand the south east busway to Rochedale and the M1 is being widend through Slacks Creek and Daisy Hill.

Very hard question as there are lots of opportunities. I'd suggest the areas that I know such as Chermside, Nundah, Wavell Heights and Northgate.

On a radio program I heard yesterday, it was suggested that now is a good time to do research with the aim of buying early next year.

Chermside has areas which are possibly getting rezoned to LMR and some houses are still round 450k. Lot of units being built around westfield and surrounding streets. Here is a link from city council:

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/plan...de-centre/background-considerations/index.htm

Back