Brisbane heating up??

Thanks Angel for the insight on what is going on in the area.

I Have had some ip's further up towards Caboolture/Morayfield so interested to see if it filters up there anytime soon.....

Yes most is in WA -some is north of gladstone

Really???

Well, you learn something everyday. Met coal, thermal coal, Uranium, gas, and other minerals but never knew Queensland had Iron Ore. I was under the impression SA was the only other player in the Iron Ore space..... Anyway we digress.... Brisbane looking good.

Yes most is in WA -some is north of gladstone

That orange stuff north of Gladstone is called bauxite. It comes from Weipa. If Mr Palmer gets his way it will be shipped faster, close to the coast, to Gladstone, inside the reef. It is a handy material to dig out of the ground and turn into aluminium. I don't see beer and coca cola consumption diminishing any time soon.

Regarding summer flooding in Brisbane , there are ants coming out around my house, but nowhere near as many as last year. Some of the Qld coal mines had to cease operations over the last few years because they keep filling up with water in the rain season. I hope we have seen the last of the floods for a while.

Cheers.

Any old timers who've seen it all before hazard a guess as to how long after Brisbane, the Gold Coast moves? I have heard it goes down first, like a ton of bricks and comes up last...but how last? I have a friend there who says it is definitely starting to move

Any old timers who've seen it all before hazard a guess as to how long after Brisbane, the Gold Coast moves? I have heard it goes down first, like a ton of bricks and comes up last...but how last? I have a friend there who says it is definitely starting to move

I'd imagine the GC property market is somewhat affected by the tourism market and retiree's to some extent. This high AUD isn't helping the retail and tourism industry at the moment. Are the Chinese buying in the GC market at the moment?

That orange stuff north of Gladstone is called bauxite. It comes from Weipa. If Mr Palmer gets his way it will be shipped faster, close to the coast, to Gladstone, inside the reef. It is a handy material to dig out of the ground and turn into aluminium. I don't see beer and coca cola consumption diminishing any time soon.

Cheers.

Arh yes, that makes more sense, thanks Angel for clearing that up....

I would wait until it's hot to sell rather than when it's changed from freezing cold to tepid.

Yes agree. I certainly wouldn't be selling now into a tepid market... I'd be buying!

Thanks, Tim86 and JT7. Just want a perspective.

Have an IP which has been vacant for a while - just had things done to spruce it up (eg painting and carpet etc). So, thought maybe it is time to sell as there is no tenant and property is looking fresh and good. Also, wanting to change agent and being met with strong resistance from current agent (he wanted to stick to 90 days notice etc). Feeling very stressed as I am living overseas at present. Will give the matter further thoughts.

I see everyone is talking west and south of Brisbane CBD, what are people thoughts on the north such as Stafford, Stafford Heights, Enoggera etc.

that road is kinda busy

It would also pay to have a look across that street at all the multi level units the ones that have been built,the ones that will be built and who shops at Moorooka,plus the new Woolworths is about to be opened in Annerley once they find a new builder to complete the complex the last went belly-up about a month ago,btw I rang the agent on those flats
and she said she had various offers on those flats on paper,and was not interested in my low offer,i guess if you don't ask the question you just never know:)..imho..

Back