brisbane IP hotspots

Guys what do you think about purchasing IP in Moorooka i went to a property expo recently and they have some off the plan townhouses being developed there with settlement in 2.5 years.

I am mainly looking at off the plan developments because of the delayed settlement

I think Moorooka is a great suburb if that's what you were asking. 8k out of town and close to everything. Very nice streets and parts are very wealthy.

Guys what do you think about purchasing IP in Moorooka i went to a property expo recently and they have some off the plan townhouses being developed there with settlement in 2.5 years.

I am mainly looking at off the plan developments because of the delayed settlement

Rizwan,

Heres a lot of information on Moorooka for you. ie Suburb profile, Statistical information, and a lot more.

Also I have attached two files showing the House & Townhouse historic capital growths for the suburb, from my own due diligence a while back.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Moorooka House 15 Year Growth Chart.pdf
    220.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Moorooka Townhouse 15 Year Growth Chart.pdf
    210.3 KB · Views: 135
thanks guys

its a 2 bedroom townhouse with 2 car spaces for around 400k however you may be able to put in a 5% deposit and settlement is in 2.5 years which is a long time. Otherwise i wouldnt be thinking about purchasing this as there are better deals around at the moment. However continued growth and possible reduction in interest rates can see prices go up in 2.5 years

If you post the street i can give you a better idea, there is good and bad ,
then real bad areas in Moorooka,if the location is on the Tarragindi side
then i would say yes ,depending on the entry price,if it's on the Rocklea
side then i would do some serious homework and also have a walk around
the Moorooka shops,a lot of people from Sudan now live in the area's
and have taken over several of the shops..
Just have to ask the question why is the settlement that long a lot can happen in 2-5 years,i also control property in Rocklea-Tarragindi for many yeras now and i know that area street by street very well..willair..

Recently my nephew has been trying to sell a property in Moorooka, he also commented on the growing Sudanese population in the area. He was looking at around the 400k mark which I thought was quite cheap considering the distant from the city but I think the price may be being affected by the changing demographics of the area so be a little careful perhaps and have a good look before you buy.Good Luck

My sister just bought in Moorooka for ~670K- 3 bedroom brick with city views.
Moorooka's a great leafy suburb just be careful of:
- some of the nicer areas around Mayfield road are zoned for higher density and some units are already appearing
- definate increase in Sudanase population - probably a non-issue in terms of long term cap. growth however just be aware of a perception out there

good luck

thanks guys

its a 2 bedroom townhouse with 2 car spaces for around 400k however you may be able to put in a 5% deposit and settlement is in 2.5 years which is a long time. Otherwise i wouldnt be thinking about purchasing this as there are better deals around at the moment. However continued growth and possible reduction in interest rates can see prices go up in 2.5 years

400k for a 2 bedroom townhouse? I think the developer has already factored in future capital growth. You should bed able to get 3/2/1 townhouse for that price.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=59298150&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1207120972

how about this 3/2/2 in Tarragindi? which is a far better area IMHO

Back