Brisbane Property Expo Updates?

I was wanting to know if anyone here attended the Property & Investment Expo on the weekend and if they would like to share some reviews on guest speakers, exhibits, new products, ideas, concepts etc etc for those of us that were not able to attend.

Look forward to reading some reviews soon

OSS

Hi OSS

I was there, however I was an exhibitor for my property investment business tool product ("Property Millionaire - The Boardgame"). My "objective" opinion, while highly valued is probably not what you're after.:)

Having said that, lots of people from this forum and the PI forum, introduced themselves to me at the Expo. So I'm sure they are out there. C'mon guys, don't be shy, OSS is waiting to hear from you.

Cheers

Sorry, I didn't go to the Expo. I am in sell and reduce debt mode so I didn't really feel like being bombarded with how I should invest my capital gains. I thought I'd save my petrol for the Ekka next week instead. :)

Spruikers, spruikers, spruikers as far as the eye could see. I think the only thing I got out of it was watching Michael Yardney talk for five minutes while my mate talked to some guy he hadn't seen in a few years.

The only reason I went was cause of Michael's generous offer of free tickets. After going to one in Melbourne a few years ago and leaving quite disappointed, I would never think of paying to get into one of these things ever again.

Mark

P.S. It was kinda cool meeting John who does the Godfrey's t.v. ad's though!

Mark Laszczuk said:
Spruikers, spruikers, spruikers as far as the eye could see. I think the only thing I got out of it was watching Michael Yardney talk for five minutes while my mate talked to some guy he hadn't seen in a few years.

The only reason I went was cause of Michael's generous offer of free tickets. After going to one in Melbourne a few years ago and leaving quite disappointed, I would never think of paying to get into one of these things ever again.

Mark

P.S. It was kinda cool meeting John who does the Godfrey's t.v. ad's though!

Mark

You didn't come up and say hello:(

For anyone who knows much about property, as most members of this forum do, it would have been a waste of time.

I was initially there becuase I was invited to be a keynote speaker. With the opening of our new Brisbane Metropole Buyers Agency office the Expo gave us the opportunity to have a "soft launch" and let people know it was there. That worked really well for us - lots and lots of leads for George director of the office.

One of the "interesting" speakers was Margaret Lomas - she spoke well and passionately but much of it was very contrary to what I would call good investment advice. She "taught" us how well located properties do not increase in value over the years so don't believe all the other speakers - she recommned buying cheap cash flow properties in "regional one horse towns" - the problem is she spoke so well, she seemed to convinve a lot of inexperienced mums and dads

I have to agree, I went in & dashed around in no time at all because most booths were people trying to sell services that seem to be pitched at people without any knowledge on the topic.

As someone already said, most people here already know far too much to benefit from most booths. This forum sure is value for money :)

I *was* offered free tix to the upcoming Bill Zheng & John Edwards event, which was a bit disappointing after I'd already bought 2! Luckily, a charming woman from Investors Direct gave me a free copy of Michael's book instead, so I *did* get something for my money :)

Ed

p.s. I also got a free ticket to the expo, as many of the usual property educators gave them away a few weeks beforehand. Join up & save yourself a few dollars next time, if you bother to attend.

Hi all

I went with free tickets from reno kings, spent most of the day there and saw most of the speakers. Michael Yardney, Reno Kings, Bill Zing were the better speakers.

My goal for the day was to find more finance. I run into MB called Onyx. He suggested getting a ABN and going low doc. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I will check with my acct and probably use Onyx down the track.

Bill Zing's talk was new and interesting, to do with a new form of finance. A little to far over my head to explain back to you guy's.

Saw the stand ("Property Millionaire - The Boardgame"). Looks great, only a little out of my price range.

Wayne

Back