Broadmeadows, Box Hill, Dandenong, Frankston, Footscray and Ringwood

A friend just sold his old rusty house in Doveton on a 700m2 block for 320k :eek: ... these lower socio-economic suburbs and especially up to 350k are still going strong imo from what i can sense. just listed my property 3 days ago in/near one of those areas and already 3 inspections and plenty of calls. :D

http://www.theage.com.au/national/population-explosion-triggers-new-melbourne-boundaries-20081202-6p8n.html

Melbourne population growth faster than expected. :)

"The government will develop six suburban business hubs to provide job opportunities outside the CBD.

Suburbs earmarked for investment are Broadmeadows, Box Hill, Dandenong, Frankston, Footscray and Ringwood."

These are the same 'Transit Cities' from Melbourne 2030 but with notable omissions, such as Frankston and Werribee.

Melbourne 2030 has hardly progressed beyond aspirational statements and this is unlikely to be much different. One exception may be is if you're thinking of subdividing and it might be easier to get it past council if it's in an 'activity centre'.

These are the same 'Transit Cities' from Melbourne 2030 but with notable omissions, such as Frankston and Werribee.

Melbourne 2030 has hardly progressed beyond aspirational statements and this is unlikely to be much different. One exception may be is if you're thinking of subdividing and it might be easier to get it past council if it's in an 'activity centre'.

do you think that the government is trying to push these areas ?
if they are - and it would appear so from the 2030 articles i have read (a few) and now the linked article to start this thread - why so ?
what is it about these areas that would make the government try to push them up ?
i agree that apart from promotional/advertising material nothing has progressed much in the areas of the "2030 transit cities" - i purchased in footscray 18 months ago. things are developing, but slowly. but i do believe it'll turn in the medium term..........

Tim

They have commited to a underground from caulfield to city but not another crossing from east to west, other then adding an extra lane to the westgate bridge which doesnt releive the preasure on the exits just adds more cars to the queue. They need a link between tulla freeway and eastern freeway linked to a new route between east and west any idiot can see that.

As usual the government is a long way behind what is realy needed. Its a shame you know because Melbourne is a very good city to live in and the layout of the city allows for a lot of traffic to move around. I met brumby once about 10 years ago thought he was a tool then and think the same of him now. If we had an effective opposition rather then that smirking semi illiterate fool maybe the government would be better.

Hows this related to the outer urban areas I dont know just wanted to get that off my chest : )

Have they committed to the caulfield train line?

I am glad that they have started building another track across to Clifton Hill, it is really ridiculous.

Have they committed to the caulfield train line?

I am glad that they have started building another track across to Clifton Hill, it is really ridiculous.
thats what was said on the news this morning apparently a underground metro style service going from city through stkilda and out to Caulfield

i think box hill makes good sense.

in a decent spot and close to transport.

Is reasonably close major road ways leading in all directions close to eastern freeway, toorak road, cantebury road, and south eastern free way. and wit the East link it makes getting to Frankston a bit easier...

Unit wise always going to be lease with the tafe near by.

Box hilll next to Surrey Hills.... can;t really see how you could go wrong.

I am looking at a unit that will yield 5.5 % if i can get it...

thats what was said on the news this morning apparently a underground metro style service going from city through stkilda and out to Caulfield

Guys aren't you talking about the same link? Sir Rod's $7 billion metro style tunnel from Footscray to Caulfield. Except now it's an $8.5 billion cost.

Sorry for being off thread topic.

Back