broken hand

hey everyone,

I broke my hand today playing touch football! This week
i've gutted the back of a shop I own with a plan to reno next week. I unloaded 20 sheets of plasterboard this morning in anticipation. The irony is that
I'm an orthopaedic registrar dealing with these things all day. I guess I'll get to relax over the festive period anyway :)

cheers
Pulse

Pulse thats lousy!!!

So restricting too. At least you can read...and surf the net to keep occupied.

Hope your hand repairs soon. :)

Hi Pulse, what an inconvenience for you, and such first-hand experience... you needed like a hole in the head. I guess you have a really genuine reason for being bone-idle over the holidays! Still it shouldn't detract from your handsome self, and will evoke plenty of empathy from the ladies who will readily offer you a helping hand.:D

be careful and make sure they heal... my boss broke both his hands in a fall 5 months ago, and he still can't use them properly.

be careful and make sure they heal... my boss broke both his hands in a fall 5 months ago, and he still can't use them properly.

my mum did the same with her wrist a few years back - didn't get fixed properly - and it still gives her aching trouble when trying to do certain tasks around the home.

Here is my Xray and a splint in what is called the position of safe immobilisation (POSI). I'm getting a thermoplastic splint made today which should make life a bit more bearable. Needless to say I've become a great source of entertainment at work, especially when I see little kids with broken arms!!

Lizzie I normally work in Newcastle so I hope it wasn't me who fixed your mum's wrist!

I'll keep you all updated!
cheers
pulse

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 64
  • xrayobl.jpg
    xrayobl.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 64
Great pics Pulse...now I know what a broken hand looks like from the inside. Nice to see you are developing a good rapport with the wee kids!

Back