Broker Falsified our info to get loan

What can i do when our Broker falsified our information to obtain a loan from the bank?
I requested a copy of the application from the bank and there is so much lies on the application.

What can i do when our Broker falsified our information to obtain a loan from the bank?
I requested a copy of the application from the bank and there is so much lies on the application.

Did you sign the application stating everything was true?

The Y-man

No we did not sign anthing saying the information was true and correct. The actual application i got from the bank does not even have a signature on.

Aaron firstly:

Part of the loan was arranged from Vendor finance, on our application to the bank this was put as " CASH " in our bank ( $200k)

the balance we owe on our current mortgage was stated incorrectly, the application is about $65k less plus the overall value of the home is over stated by about $30k

what the investment property is renting for is incorrect ( this was inflated and i dont know how the agent satitisfied this as part of the requirements for settlement )

and most funny of all, total living expenses are stated at $200 per month

The cash part is very misleading - what was your broker thinking???
The loan balance should be correct if that loan is the one being refinanced. If not, then it's not such a big issue if there isn't a big impact on servicing anyway. Same thing applies with the value of the property - it's no big deal if there's a small variation if no valuation being done since they won't check it.

Living expenses of $200 per month is about right that's what banks use for a couple with no kids.

Last edited:

First stop would be the broker I would have thought, unless the broker was also involed in the purchase which the 200 k went toward.

What bank are we talking about ?

ta

rolf

yep according to our broker we can live of $200 ( not $2000 ) per month with two kids plus two mortgages

so anyone know what i can do?

yep according to our broker we can live of $200 ( not $2000 ) per month with two kids plus two mortgages

so anyone know what i can do?

In what context ?

I think I know where this is going from previous posts..............best you find out what the complaint mechanism is for that broker and or their licensee

ta

rolf

Is your concern that you can no longer make the repayments, and in fact, if the figures had been correct that you would never have obtained the loan?

If your broker has falsified documents and you know about it you would be obliged to notify the lender. You should consider whether you would still qualify and ponder what you will do when or if the lender calls in the loan.

Would the broker's PI insurance cover fraud I wonder?

Based on previous information provided on this forum go immediately to your Fair Trading office. Sounds like you have sufficient information to blow these guys brains out. Talk to them first (it may save a lot on legal fees).

If you can afford the repayments, id have a meeting with him. Tell him your concerns and ask for full refund of
all comms.

If you can't afford repayments make a complaint via the licensee.

Back