Builder to take over granny flat build Sydney

Earlier this year Brazen gave me some advice about setbacks when building a granny flat with a rear lane. Rockstar led me through the basix process in great detail.

I found a builder and we are well underway. Tragically, my builder had a roof collapse on him on another site and has a spinal injury. He is unable to complete the work. His family originally undertook to organise completion but have now asked that we try and find a builder to complete the work.

This granny flat is really a cottage and is built with wider doors etc to be wheelchair accessible. My daughter has cerebral palsy and her boyfriend is in a wheelchair. The cottage matches our 1920s house in style.

I would be very grateful if anyone has a reputable and fastidious builder that they let me know their contact information.

I will try to work out how to add some photos- I can't work out how to do the photos.

Last edited:
Bummer :(

Pics are simple.

Join photobucket.com - its free
Upload pics which is easy
Go to the library
Copy the IMG line under the pic and paste that in a post

Works on here and nearly every forum on the internet.

Hey,

I'll may have someone go and give you a quote if you'd like. See if we can help out.

Otherwise Brazen may have some contacts himself.

Hope it works out regardless, that's really unfortunate :(

Concord

Hi,
We just finished a granny flat for a family with a granpa with knee problems, and a 7 YO and wonderfull child with CP.
Loved the job.
I am sure I could get you through the cottage if I asked- it is in Concord.

Regards, Anne

Last edited by a moderator:
Incomplete and granny flat and Concord posting

Hi Anne and other members

I did not see this post before today so I extend my apologies. Did you mean you could provide the builder's details or get access to show us the builder's work?

I still do not have a builder, despite having contacted more than a dozen builders. One has promised to come out this week, and whilst I want to keep positive, we have had repeated problems getting builders to come out. If they do come out they generally don't get back to us. We do have one builder that could start mid year but are keen to get going. It has been very tough.

I would be grateful for any leads.

Thanks.

Earlier this year Brazen gave me some advice about setbacks when building a granny flat with a rear lane. Rockstar led me through the basix process in great detail...

This granny flat is really a cottage and is built with wider doors etc ...

I would be very grateful if anyone has a reputable and fastidious builder that they let me know their contact information.

QUOTE]

Hi culfran2,

If you're after a very 'cottage' look, I can recommend my Northern Beaches builder. He is very fastidious but he is NOT the cheapest builder out there.
See some of his work here: http://www.grannyflatapprovals.com.au/projects/northern-beaches

If you want his number, just give me a bell or PM me and I'll give you his mobile number.

Serge.

Back