builders warranty / repairs on new units

Hi guys,

We bought a unit a month or so ago directly from the builder's realty. These are new units ( 1 year old ) and still under builders warranty.

There are a few things that need to be fixed around the place. These were highlighted before settlement and we were told that they will be fixed as ongoing maintenance.

e.g. bathroom vanity door broken, missing shelves in oven, cracked door.
We also found some leakage in the bathroom once we moved in and complained about it and we were told that this would get fixed aswell.

All these things were to be fixed this week (4 weeks after we moved in). the tradeperson was onsite day before yesterday taking notes etc. Today he came in saying that the realty has asked him not to fix, as the orginal builders don't want to pay and that they are going to court over this.

Well, i don't really care what happens at the builders end , i just need the things fixed around the house. what options do I have regading getting the things done.

we have the AGM for the strata next week aswell.

any advise would be great.

builders defect liability period is only 12months from date of occupancy certificate issued so that boat may have sailed for you.. Builder is tied to a 7-10 year structural warranty however - this wont cover broken vanity doors missing oven trays and the like...

personally i would start slamming the realestate agent who sold it to you, as you wont get anywhere with the builder now unfortunatly

Back