Building a deck and carport, any tradies about?

Anyone know a good quality tradesperson in Brisbane that could do a deck (lowset house), awning and a carport?

trades

Hi suggo cant help but ill be in same boat soon so please let me know how you go. things to note though are lic. recomendations and referals. cheapest quote is not always the best cheers sabre

We've just bought a pre-fab carport to put up at our current renovation property. As it's the first one we've done - it could prove interesting.

We've had two different opinions on how to erect the carport, one says cement the poles in first then erect the rest, the other says put it all together first then cement the poles in.

To me, it seems better to do the second option, as I'd hate to go the first way and then find one of your poles is out of alignment and the roof doesn't fit on!

Who has done this before?

Keep us posted on your progress Kylie, I am very keen to hear how you go!!

How much did the kit cost?
Does it come with council approval?

building a carport

hi guys
the carport thing is really no problem.we have just recently completed this task.firstly erect the poles/crossbeams,check it is all even using a level string line etc when its correct you then cement the poles in wait a day or so then lay the slab.its a bit of fiddling around getting it right height etc but not too bad.our kit for a single was 600 or colour bond was around 900.you need to organise your own council approval.
happy building!

The carport was $1850. It is 6m x 6m double carport with gable roof in colorbond, so it is one of the nicer ones. It came with everything needed (except decent instructions!). In our area, we didn't need a council permit for it as it's freestanding, although we did consult with the council, submitted the plans for it (that were provided in detail by the carport company) and they have noted a permit exemption, so when we come to sell the house, the buyers solicitor will see that it's all ok.

We bought it from Shed Bonanza in Melbourne, cost us $160 delivery to have it sent here, and takes about 3-4 weeks. The best quote locally was $3000!

Back