Building GF Offices + 1st Floor apartment

Have built mostly residential in the past + some conversions, but currently looking at building on a small site we own on the outskirts of Bris - approx 488sq.m within the commercial zone.

Anyone know roughly what percentage of that area can be used for an office/retail building. (General area around site has secondary shops/and offices). Thinking of circa 250 sq.m offices plus 'wardens' apartment above. How many car parks will council require for this size (or per sq.m of office space)? + disabled park maybe?

What would be the most cost effective materials to use. And can anyone also give me a rough idea of what price I should estimate p.s.m. finished to a good standard?

Any info good or bad that I should know before a proceed further an start spending?

Many thanks - Sam

I would deal with this with a number of steps.
1. Research: Ring a couple of the local RE offices and ask if they have any available offices in the area. Go and have a look, take pictures. That will give you an idea of the need (no point building if there are lots vacant), finish and of course cost per m2.

2. Check with council about car parks, bathrooms needed etc.

3. Then talk to a builder about materials and costs.

Good Luck.
Sue

Back