Building Inspector recommendation - AusInspect

Good afternoon all,

Last week I engaged the services of Stephen Koelewyn from AusInspect (http://www.ausinspect.com.au/) to do a building and pest inspection plus thermal imaging of a property that my wife and I were thinking of purchasing.

I originally found Steve's name on this property forum and just wanted to leave some feedback after utilizing his services.

Steve was superb, he inspected the property and then provided me with a video (about 45 minutes in length) as he stepped through the house (including investigating a raw sewerage leak under the house - yuk!) as well as a written report. He also spent 20-40 minutes with me on the phone discussing the property.

Having the video has been invaluable. It's amazing, even after a third inspection that amount of detail that my wife and I missed that Steve pointed out in the video.

Total cost $550 incl GST.

I would highly recommend using Ausinspect for any building inspections in the Sydney area (where he operates).

Nick

Good afternoon all,

Last week I engaged the services of Stephen Koelewyn from AusInspect (http://www.ausinspect.com.au/) to do a building and pest inspection plus thermal imaging of a property that my wife and I were thinking of purchasing.

I originally found Steve's name on this property forum and just wanted to leave some feedback after utilizing his services.

Steve was superb, he inspected the property and then provided me with a video (about 45 minutes in length) as he stepped through the house (including investigating a raw sewerage leak under the house - yuk!) as well as a written report. He also spent 20-40 minutes with me on the phone discussing the property.

Having the video has been invaluable. It's amazing, even after a third inspection that amount of detail that my wife and I missed that Steve pointed out in the video.

Total cost $550 incl GST.

I would highly recommend using Ausinspect for any building inspections in the Sydney area (where he operates).

Nick

Totally agree with you.

Steve has probably the best work ethic I've ever seen. Thoroughly recommended.

My only problem was I can no longer find where the video is saved on my PC. Not Steve's fault and more to do with my ineptness with technology.

Totally agree with you.

Steve has probably the best work ethic I've ever seen. Thoroughly recommended.

My only problem was I can no longer find where the video is saved on my PC. Not Steve's fault and more to do with my ineptness with technology.

Hey Ozmale,

I mentioned to Steve that you'd misplaced your video, he said to call him (0418 274 099) and he will resend the video to you.

Nick

Hey Ozmale,

I mentioned to Steve that you'd misplaced your video, he said to call him (0418 274 099) and he will resend the video to you.

Nick

Wow, that's service!!

Will have to see how far Steve's service extends (region wise). Does he have others working for him, or is it only Steve in Ausinspect (just thinking that he might be overbooked when I need an inspection :()

I just used Steve from Ausinpsect for a pest and building..... and I'm simply blown away by what he's done!

Im use to pay $450 or so and getting a generic reading report (I write documents and create templates for a living so i can easily tell when something is templated) with some pictures (then spending the next half hour trying to figure which part of the picture they are referring to in the report).

When i got Steve's report (rather Video report) it was just pure awesomeness.

He has a camera strapped to his head/helmet and as he walks through the property he points as things and talks to you (its just like being their yourself). You can really understand what is going on. The amount of detail he went through was simply amazing.

He checked the inside/outside/roof/subfloor and even answered some questions about structural walls I asked him about earlier.

I would definitely reuse again. The only negative thing i have to say is that i wish i used him previously.... hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

Back