Building Inspectors in Mount Isa

Hello everybody

I've finally got an offer accepted on a property in the Isa, and now need to get the ball rolling.

Has anyone got any recommendations on a good (or great) building inspector for that area?

Much appreciated in advance

V

Miss V,

I bought some units there almost 20 months ago but do not remember the BI's name.

i will have a look and see what i can find. But i would ring up all RE's and ask them for referrals, speak to the BI's - ask for contacts of clients or copies of previous reports before making a decision

Let you know soon

OSS

Thanks for that OSS, much appreciated.

I don't suppose you can remember how much you paid. I'm buying 3x2 bed and 1x1.

Thanks

Vee

from memory it was about $150 per unit.

How much was the block you purchase out of interest - ball park figures will do. Whats your plan with them - hold, renovate, strata title, DA etc

OSS

Thanks OSS,

I think at the moment I'm just going to hold them and hopefully get a bit of cashflow out of them. Eventually I'll cosmetically renovate as they are fairly typical of the area, slightly run down but with potential.

I paid very low 3's. They are single story block flats.

How are yours going? Can I ask what you paid for yours or what the yield is? This is the first block I've bought, are there any special considerations to keep in mind?

Regards

V

Miss V sent me a message about Depreciation Schedules in Mt Isa.
I responded to advise her that my Gladstone guy is going to be there in the next week or so - he's going to a rodeo or something.
Just thought I would let other people know.
Scott

Bought my 6 year old block of 2x2 & 1x1 in Dec 03 for $130K. was renting then for 120 + 120 +100, done no work to it since and getting $140 + $140+ $110 now. I am attempting to get a DA for the construction of a duplex on the same block at the rear.

Rent will probably go up again soon hopefully

Value at present around $230 - $260K

OSS

wow, that's really good. Have you got any other unit blocks? Is it that much different from single dwellings?

I have booked Bob in for the building inspection. Rang the council for a list of names up there but only he was the only one still relevant/available. Now just need pest done.

cheers

v

Ol School Skata,
May I ask who is letting them? I am interested in purchasing there but am still a bit tentative. Do you let them through the same agent you bought them? I hope that isn't too personal a question.

I wonder sometimes if the agents overdo the assessed rental when they are trying to sell. What's you opinion?

thanks

cheers
blossomoz

My units are managed through the same agent - Jays RE. My property manager there is great - keeps me informed on everything. I am sure she gets sick of me ringing to bounce ideas off her to increase the rent further. I have no complaints since she took over (about the start of the year)

I always treat a RE Agents rental figures with a grain of salt. I ask the agent for their property managers contacts and always get other property managers from other agencies to take a look whilst it is under contract. This gives me a balanced report and keeps my agent honest. I have had a few property managers take a look at some places (not just in the Isa) and some tell me to forget it - they would never manage it ...when i ask why ... they say blah blah blah...this then gives me ideas for improvements if i am to continue with my option to buy.

OSS

Back