building insurance rates\quotes?

was wondering if i could grab a few opinions

as per my other thread, i am getting early access toa property which part of the deal is that i need insurance naturally

ive done t online quotes and they range from 700 to 1100

however my good friend went trhough alliance for a proerty he bought recently and pays 340 pa for building with no contents

my property is a tad under 200k while his is 350k

what am i dloing wrong??

700 seems awfully expensive, ive put my excess higher to lower the premium but its still at 700

help would be apppreciated

There are so many factors that influence the price of insurance, including, but not limited to:
  • construction material
  • the type of locks on doors
  • if windows have locks
  • postcode
  • vacant or occupied

There are so many factors that influence the price of insurance, including, but not limited to:
  • construction material
  • the type of locks on doors
  • if windows have locks
  • postcode
  • vacant or occupied

absolutely!, I asked what my friend's details are, and put it into online quotes, and was still getting well about $700-$800,
so I was like WTF! is going on

Have you seen the policy?

Can you scan that and post it here. I'd like to see that.

well, an interesting update, in the end I got quotes from 3 large companies and a few smaller ones, the cheapest I got was $685,

tried AAMI, tried them last as a few people said AAMI were dear, our family has a policy with them

and bang, got a price of $378 including 5-10% policy discount,

I dont know what happened with the other companies!

More likely than not your premium is going to be heavily influenced by the postcode of the area, rather than the material of the house itself.

Back