Building Insurance - Tattoo Studio

Hi All,

Has anybody got a property leased to a Tattoo business and are able to get building insurance?

I've come across a landlord who is having great difficulty finding someone to insure their property that they have leased to (you guessed it) a tattoo business.

Not my field of expertise so I thought I'd reach out to you guys!

Thanks in advance.

Having trouble finding a broker that can push it through with them......
Found one!! Brokers national (VIC) are able to get a quote as they have just found someone that they can do the tattoo studio insurance renewals with :).

Let me know if any of you need some info :).

Found one!! Brokers national (VIC) are able to get a quote as they have just found someone that they can do the tattoo studio insurance renewals with :).

Let me know if any of you need some info :).
Bringing this one to life again - turns out the broker I was talking to is able to get insurance for the tattooist but NOT for the building owner ......... Lloyds of London won't even touch this one..... any other thoughts?

Bringing this one to life again - turns out the broker I was talking to is able to get insurance for the tattooist but NOT for the building owner ......... Lloyds of London won't even touch this one..... any other thoughts?

Call the bikies?

Am I missing something? Why is it so hard to get insurance for a tattoo studio? Wouldn't a fish and chip shop be more risky?

Am I missing something? Why is it so hard to get insurance for a tattoo studio? Wouldn't a fish and chip shop be more risky?

Bikie clubs like to control tattoo studios in their patch and make it, let us say, uncomfortable, for interlopers.

And their landlords.

Tattoo shop insurance

Hi sez, have you found cover yet? One of my clients is thinking of leasing their shop to a tattooist and am looking for similar info. What did brokers national say? What would they cover?
Thanks

Yes this is the reason why. Virtually all tattoo studios especially those in the suburbs are aligned with a 1% patch club and any new guy who opens a shop may be fire bombed. There's also a lot of politics in this culture so if your existing tenant decides to cross the floor and defect to another club then **** will happen.

Not such a problem in our area with stepping into anothers patch. We don't really have much of a bikie presence around here....

Still no luck finding anything, the general response is that the business owner can get their business insurance but the landlord is in a bit of a tight spot trying to get some building insurance!

I've actually just sent the details off to a broker found through sommersoft so if he is able to work miracles I'll be singing his praises for all of you!

A tattoo shop opened in my local area and it was set on fire and damaged all the time untill they finally rammed a VN commodore thru the doors then they shut it down.

A tattoo shop opened in my local area and it was set on fire and damaged all the time untill they finally rammed a VN commodore thru the doors then they shut it down.
Please don't tell the insurance companies this - still haven't found anything but hoping that it isn't more than a month away........

Certainly not my field of expertise, but I was recently researching a current tattoo studio commercial property in Darlinghurst for a client and I know the agent was using the fact that it is the property that holds the licence and not the business as a big draw card. Apparently properties with a licence in place are as rare as hens teeth in NSW at least. Not sure if this helps, but would explain why getting the insurance is proving to be an issue.

Any luck?

Hi Sez,

I am having the same issue with finding building insurance because one of my tenants is a tattoo business. Have you had any luck finding insurance?

I have no other choice but to evict my tenant, otherwise I cannot get insurance for the rest of the building and my other tenants. I don't see how that is fair.

Any luck?

Jessi, have you tried going to an insurance broker who has access to many more insurers than you can ring?

Also, does your lease provide that you can charge the tenant for the additional cost of insurance due to their usage?

SNM

Hi SNM
Yes, I have had 3 brokers try for me without any luck. parmia at working on a product, but not yet released. The tenant is willing to pay a higher premium...however we haven't had any luck trying to find an underwriter willing to insure in the Sydney metropolitan area.

Any ideas?

Jessi

Back