Building

W

WebBoard

Building vs established
Date: 26 Oct 2000
Time: 14:51:51

I'd appreciate some excellent lenders' names being new to the property investment game. Also I am thinking of building a 3BR house rather than buying an established property so that I can live in one room and lease out the other two. Can anyone give me some useful downsides to look out for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian W

Reply: 1

If Building
Date: 27 Oct 2000
Time: 16:01:44

Hi

If you're going to build, have you considered a house and selfcontained/granny flat.

Or a design that can be split into the above once through council etc.

I am assuming, since you only want one room you'd live in the flat, but that's up to you. A totally separate rental (rather than rooms and shared living space) has got to be easier to rent, account for and live with.

Just a thought.

Ian W

MS

Reply: 1.1

Re: If Building
Date: 31 Oct 2000
Time: 15:44:41

Thanx for your thought Ian. I was making enquiries of this nature to see if firstly it would be much cheaper to build and secondly because I would like to live in it (currently renting) as well as have say two tenants in it. In effect it would be 2/3rds IP. What are your thoughts on that idea?

Rob

Reply: 1.1.1

Re: Building vs established
Date: 26 Oct 2000
Time: 19:08:27

If you live in Melbourne, try "The Home Loan Advisory Service". They are great and offer UNBIASED advice. They have access to about 300+ lenders. Phone No: 03 9866 4990 Good Luck

Back