Built Strata/Survey Strata

if you run your subdivision approval concurrently with your DA...which most councils will want to see is its survey strata anyway....your 90day stat period falls inside your DA process time.

on something as simple as a triplex, rarely is the subdivision approval affected by any minor DA changes like wall lengths, retaining heights etc.

if you dont need to have titles up front for a GRV lend or the like, then either option is fine. A build strata just puts the titles process at the back end instead of the front and you need to be at "roof on" to start the surveying process. at least if its at the front end you can double dip with the DA process.

if your bank needs titles for extra security, survey strata is your only option.

but if the sole requirement is to get slabs down asap without any regard for titles timeframes then a build strata might not be any quicker because as i said....you can run your survey strata subdivison process concurrently with the DA......and you cant get away from the DA bit.

if its balga then you also have stirling to contend with. they "say" 60 days, but we all know to double it then add a bit.

Hello

My understanding is

Survey strata- good if you want to subdivide first, revalue and pull equity to pay for the builds or for another purchase etc.

Built strata- saves alot of time as when you apply for approval for the buildings all the subdivision criteria needs to be met anyway to be approved.

Have you got a good surveyor on board yet or looking for one?

Cheers

only in a linear world...ie 1+1+1+...

you dont need to have the sub approval in place to apply for a DA. councils can and do accept a WAPC application number along with a copy of the subdivision application plans so you can run the DA and 90day stat period concurrently.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I will go build strata, the survey strata just sounds a bit tricky to me. It's all tricky I know, but trying not to add complications.

Back