Butler vs Wellard

hi all

wondering if i can get opinions on investing between these 2 suburbs. mainly looking at H&L on smaller lots with neutral CF, long term capital growth and using the capital allowance benefits.

cheers
Jerry

Imo Wellard will see better short term CGs, both have similar amenities to offer though. How does it look on paper when you crunch the numbers for the 2?

Imo Wellard will see better short term CGs, both have similar amenities to offer though. How does it look on paper when you crunch the numbers for the 2?

location of land aside, the numbers are very similar for a 3x2x2 on cottage blocks.

What price bracket are you looking at and what size blocks?

hi dave

i'm trying to keep it under 375k on cottage blocks these usually are approx 225 to 250sqm, i'd like more land but this will be at the expense of tipping into < neutral CF.

i think you've already looked into wellard blocks?? are there any blocks left fairly close to the train stn?

From what I can gather, the ones remaining close to the train station are for builder allocation only. Theyre 7.5 wide and the house designs are predetermined and parapet both sides.

The other blocks there are a bit bigger and usually advertised as Affinity St or Sunrise estate. The catch is, these are on the opposite side of the freeway. This defeats the purpose imo - if you're going to be in woop woop you may as well be amongst the amenities.

I dont like either of the above. There may be better stuff available in a higher price bracket but I haven't checked. Both because I dont have the money and because I dont think wellard warrants it.

Back