Buy vacant or leased?

Find a property in a good location which is currently not being managed appropriately. This can lead to rents below market, lack of finances to conduct necessary repairs or lack of willingness to put any money into necessary repairs.

This is often due to owners trying to save a few thousand $$ in agents fees or repair costs but end up losing ten's of thousands in rent and selling the property for hundreds of thousands less than its worth.

As suggested, it will be more trying to receive finance for a property which is not currently tenanted. However, there may be a higher potential in a property of this type because no one else can get finance for it, and therefore you may pick up a bargain, throw some money at it, and get a great return/more equity as a result.

You need to be very switched on when delving into the Commercial/Industrial realm, as buying a property in the wrong spot can cause all sorts of pain. In saying this, if you buy in the right spot, sky is the limit.

I hope this helps!
Have a great weekend.
John

You need to be very switched on when delving into the Commercial/Industrial realm, as buying a property in the wrong spot can cause all sorts of pain. In saying this, if you buy in the right spot, sky is the limit.

Yes :D All I have to do is work out how to learn without killing myself. ;)

I think that I have reasonable judgment but then don't we all! It could be a painful way to discover that you suck at picking CRE :D

Back