Buyer wants an inspection after Unit is sold and contract signed

We have just sold our unit 2 weeks ago under the auction condition. It was passed in but got sold on the day. The unit was sold on the day of auction. Therefore, it is still under the auction rules.

Now the buyer would like to come to inspect the unit again bringing their parents through as they havent seen it. What I am worried is that they might decide to pull out after this inspection? Can they even do that?

There are no extra/special conditions that I agreed in the contract. It was prepared my solicitor. Therefore, there are no terms such as subject to finance or building inspections.

Based on what the agent told me, they are excited and want to show it to their parents. Their parents have not inspected it yet. The settlement is not until 3 months later.

Share some views guys.

10% equates to about 50k..its quite a lot if they wish to pull out..I am not even sure whether they can pull out or not..Iam quite happy for them to pull out and let me keep the deposit..:)

I had a similar situation when I sold, except mine was private sale and it was still conditional to finance. The person who bought it wanted to show their parents so I kept making excuses to avoid it until it went unconditional. After that point I didn't mind, I figured if the deposit is paid and it's unconditional, no harm in it. Everything worked out fine.

Agree with Biggles.

If the contract is unconditional, then they are probably just excited. If the contract is not yet unconditional, be sure to consult your solicitor handling the sale before granting access.
Marg

^^^ agree. its unconditional and a heap of $$ to lose.

I think they're excited and they might also be planning to do some work on it, once settlement is achieved.

ETA: When we buy, we always ask to bring tradies etc in before settlement, so we can book it in.

Agree with the others.

When we last sold our PPOR the purchasers did want to inspect after the sale (sold under auction conditions). We were ok with it (other than the inconvenience factor) as the contract was unconditional. We also made sure the agent was with them at all times and followed them around all the common property.

They wanted another subsequent inspection (outside of the pre settlement inspection) to which we refused. Turns out they wanted some measurements such as the fridge space so I did all that and emailed details to our agent.

i don't have a problem ... personally i'm getting carpet laid and painting done in my two recent purchases before settlement. vendors are fine with this as are unconditional and properties are vacant.

if they are first home buyers - and not jaded investors - they are probably busting themselves with excitement and want to share it with the parents.

Thanks for inputs guys! Clear a lot of my worries.

The inspection is 2 weeks after contract is signed though. And, the contract is unconditional. They will be doing another inspection a week before the settlement.

When we bought this house, we wanted to come and look at it again after we'd signed the contract also. Just wanted to show my brother through it and try to remember things from first time through.

We were excited, there was definitely no malice in the reason behind us wanting to come and have another look. The vendor was happy to show us through again.

Cheers

Lisa

I find incredible that this question gets asked ...
They have bought the property, the contract is unconditional and I can see about a thousand reasons why they would like to see it again.
When I bought my PPOR, we inspected it to take measurements for paintings and furniture; that's just one example.
Everybody is so suspicious these days...

I always request a final inspection an hour or so before settlement..........if things are not as they should be I delay until rectified.

I make this perfectly clear in the contract when signing if the property is not as it was inspected the vendor has 7 days to rectify or the contract deposit will be refunded in full without penalty..

you can put whatever you want almost on a contract, if both parties sign then the deal is governed by this on most occasions.

Back