Buyer's Agent

W

WebBoard

Online Property Listings and Buyers agents
Date: 22 Feb 2001
Time: 12:51:07

Because I am temporarily living OS I am searching for an IP via the internet with the intention of setting up a shortlist then flying in to select and purchase.

I have tried most of the big real estate websites but none will return my email. I cannot work out how they must run the online part of their business.

My second idea was to find a buyers agent and get him working on that shortlist prior to my arrival. Can ayone recommend someone in Sydney who is experienced in finding high returning IP, residential, commercial or industrial. I am willing to pay for results, but I also believe some buyers agents split commissions with the vendors agent...is this correct?

Thanks team

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

Reply: 1

Re: Online Property Listings and Buyers agents
Date: 23 Feb 2001
Time: 19:43:58

Hi Simon,

Try the following Sydney based buyer's agents:

1) Peter Kelaher - Property Search & Negotiations - MANLY (02) 9905 5393

2) Brendan Jack - Buyer's Service for Real Estate - OATLEY (02) 9580 4981

3) Jan Sutcliffe - Change of Address - SYDNEY (02) 9363 3937

4) Trish Sheehan - Sydney Home Search KILLARA (02) 9499 6771

Regards, Mike

PS Let us know how you get on as we are interested in the buyer's agent phenomenon.

Ross

Reply: 1.1

Sydney Buyers agents
Time: 17:07:21

Hi Simon,

I think there are about 10 sydney buyer agents...

Try www.google.com and type buyer agent sydney

Anyway... Here's two Sydney Buyer Agent's...

www.finderskeepers.com.au

and

Rose & Jones (Exclusive Buyer Agents)

Byron Rose and Rachel Jones

Po Box 2209

Rose Bay North NSW 2030

Ph (02) 9327 7800

Fax (02) 9327 7900

Home (02) 9337 1711

Simon also said, "I also believe some buyers agents split commissions with the vendors agent...is this correct?"

Very complex question? But it all depends on how each individual buyer agency office structures it fee. Therefore, I recommend that you talk to different buyer agents to get an idea of how they charge.

Buyer agents can collect a fee "inside" or "outside" the transaction. But perhaps the most important thing is that you enter a written buyer agency agreement.

This will ensure you get a REAL buyer agent and give you a legal remedy if your buyer agent is an undisclosed dual agent. (i.e. an undisclosed dual agent tries to represent BOTH the buyer and seller agent in the SAME transaction.)

Bought or Sold, you decide.

Ross Sondergeld ~ Buyer Agent

Buyerside Real Estate (on the Gold Coast)

FREE info kit... email [email protected]

Alston

Reply: 1.1.1

Time: 16:00:41

I don't think many agents have moved into the electronic age, they still operate in the newspaper classifieds mode. I am always amused when I tell the agent that I saw the ad on the xxxxx.com.au web site and they say "What's that?".

The other problem is that in most cases there is no way of identifying the property. Generally there is no address or identification number that they understand. If I can't tell them that it is the third picture from the top of page 27 of Saturdays paper they fumble about. We generally work it out by discribing the photo, the listed price, the description, etc. In a smug sort of way, though, I think it gives me the upperhand.

Alston

Manny

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Time: 14:43:33

Hi Simon,

I must admit that it does frustrate me as well with these big real estate agents not updating their Web pages & not responding to their e-mails... My problem is that I call them re: a property to say that it has been sold a month or so ago... I always debate with them about the issue & this discourages me from looking on the Web many times... About the e-mails, I must have sent over half a dozen e-mails to real estate agents, with only one ever responding to my e-mail around 1 week later... (which is poor)...

I am in Melbourne, therefore can't help with the buyer's agent question you asked...

Manny.

Owen

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Try the papers websites
Date: 23 Feb 2001
Time: 09:20:18

I always rely on http://www.domain.com.au/ (the Sydney Morning Hearld property classifieds) or http://homepath.com.au/guest/HL_HOME (the local Times newspapers like the Inner Western Courier or the Wentworth Times etc).

As these are where the agents advertise it's all current listings and they are all dated anyway. Loads of demographic info and links to the agents sites if they have one. Homeloans if you need one.

I agree with the comments about the agents not knowing about their own websites so use their prefered medium - the papers. Just read them using your prefered medium - the web. I guess you're still going to have to phone them once you find a place though.

Back