Buying a carspace in strata complex

Just after some advice here. I have my eyes on a strata titled apartment however it doesn't come with a car space on title. The complex has 12 apartments but only 10 car spaces. Is it possible to buy a car space off another apartment which has the space on a seperate title?

The problem will be convincing anyone to sell you their car park. Depending on the area, a car park can be a necessity and I would avoid buying an apartment that doesn't have one.

Do you know if owning the apartment would entitle you to a parking permit (as a possible alternative)?

The problem will be convincing anyone to sell you their car park. Depending on the area, a car park can be a necessity and I would avoid buying an apartment that doesn't have one.

Do you know if owning the apartment would entitle you to a parking permit (as a possible alternative)?

Yeah a permit would be permitted. What value would you place on a carspace I. The caulfield/elsternwick area?

Its possible but messy in that, (what I know), the unit that owns the car space will have to cease to exist and a new strata plan submitted which involves survey, registration, possibly council approval fees permission from board and strata Manager and then that unit will get a new lot number without the car space.

However some unit blocks have the unit and car spaces as two separate lots and in this case you can just buy the lot number for the car space.

Hope this helps a bit.

Fleur

No need for council approval, it's just strata approval and strata will normally only allow "owners" of the property to buy car spaces within the complex ( unless it's a manged car park)

But yes it's a hassle if it's not on 2 title as you too go through strata and a AGM for them to split the strata plan for the car space to be recorded under your unit.

Back