Buying a Property with Town planning approved - Help needed

Hi all,

I'm interested to buy a house that has the town planning permits approved for a second dwelling to be built and the land is almost 900m2

There's currently a large shed sitting on top of a 15cm-thick loose concrete slab, where the new house has been proposed.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice about the removal of the shed, and what costs I may be looking at.
I was thinking about hiring a jack-hammer and doing it myself, but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There's also a pregola where the carport/garage needs to be constructed.

I've checked the footing on both the shed and the pregola, and they both seem to be sitting on the concrete. The concrete and the fottings are not embedded into the ground at all.

There's allot of potential on this place, but I'm just worried that I'll end up paying $10k on removals and such.

If any further info is needed, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your help.

Rich. :eek:

Sell the shed or give it away, an add in the local rag should do it. There's always someone that wants a freebie and is prepared to remove it. Just make sure your insurance covers this. Give them the shed but ask them to break up the slab as payment. You then pay to have the concrete removed

How big is "a large shed"? My shed is 30m x 15m and 4.8 metres high with mezz. and is fairly big, or are you talking double garage size (6 x 6m)? The slab will take a bob cat / backhoe a few hours to do (access??) and allow for the truck and dump, a thousand bucks should cover it. You might need a big (36"+) pair of bolt cutters to do the reo if present.

The bobcat will remove the pergola footings before you can the jackhammer out of the box.

If you want costs on things you have to be a bit more precise than 'large'. And while I'm at it, what is a "loose concrete slab"? Do you mean it's already breaking up because it was poorly laid?

MC

I was in a similar situation. Had a double shed that had to go which was 3 sided with the front being a brick face with garage. i put it on ebay hoping somebody would give me $10 and take it away, and to my shock I got $700 for it. And they came and took it away.

The slab below it (which was thick and sitting on top of bricks!) cost a bit to remove as part of the site clearing. From memory the site clearing was $4k but included a large number of trees, ripping up the driveway and a heap of rubbish that had been left behind. And they had to remove all the brickwork that remained.

So I wouldn't think it would be anywhere near $10k to get rid of.

Thanks for the advise.

The shed is the size of a double garage I'd say about 3½ sq. That's large to me =)

Spot on about the loose concrete. It was poured poorly, and it looks like someone's laid thousands of rice bubbles all over the place.

I'm thinking about subdiving and selling off the land now too....
Still got lots to think about I guess.

Back