Buying Australian made, grown or owned

Do you prefer to buy Australian-made/grown/farmed products where possible?

• Yes, I prefer products made/grown/farmed locally

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No, country of origin doesn't matter to me

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good time to go as well - to avoid the plethora of frickin cold callers that seem to think dinner time is a cool time to drum up sales (that's why god invented answering machines, I'm sure).

are you talking about a landline? what's the point of that these days? the reason you get so many calls is because there is only 10 people left in the country that have a phone in their house and of those 10, 5 are grannies that can't hear it ringing !!

i prefer australian with all things being equal, but significant cost or quality variance i will consider import.

When i used to work in produce i always found it amusing them pushing the australian grown angle while importing supplies, product lines, cars, etc...

I consume a silly amount of meat so I've become pretty adept at fishing out the best deals for that. Australian Grass Fed Beef all bought from Australian Meat Emporium / Establishment 218.

Aside from that, I try and buy items infrequently but no to be honest I don't put too much research in to what is from where.

I try and practice a BIFL policy where possible (Buy It For Life).

Here we are another non transparent industry, all aussie made products should have giant label with green yellow kangaroo to make it easy for consumers to pick.

Here is classic case of government authority doing nothing to protect Australian products which they are formed to do. All these people in politics do what ever they do but nothing what us tax payers paying them to do. "The public" should have power to sack theses head of departments.

So far the only upside is tobacco is slowly getting the boot but not as fast as I would like

I agree with that !!

All Aussie made products should have giant label with green yellow kangaroo to make it easy for consumers to pick.

Transparent labeling is very important.

I'm paying attention to labeling these days .... for some reason some of the more branded products have the country of manufacture in a very small font,
so most customers would find it 'hard' to look for it

There is nothing wrong with buying Aussie made but foreign owned products.

Yes but some of us would prefer to buy Aussie made and owned products instead, if possible. We should be able to see both those points on the label in a more consistent manner than is currently in place.

100% is too high a threshold as well - it should be something like >95% Aussie owned / made otherwise a lot of otherwise eligible products won't qualify.

Back