Buying Interstate

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to secure my 2nd IP this year however this year I'm looking interstate. I was wondering if before buying interstae do people go and visit the area. I'm happy to buy without physically viewing the property but then also wonder how easy it is to be able to trust the real estate agent who is selling you the property.

I'm looking to buy in Adelaide and live in Sydney and anyone who has but Henley Beach way in Adelaide and would like to recommend anyone then here is your chance.

Thanks

The minuimum is a virtual visit ... IE due diligence on what is selling, growth rates, rental returns ETC. With the electronic age ... much of this is already done for you.

Good Luck

Hey Ben,

I second what Casper has said. Also, make heaps of phone calls to different R.E agents and P.M's. If you happen to come across some good ones that are willing to take the time and answer your questions, you will save yourself valuable 'ground' time.

Once you've done your budget and got loans etc organised, then you can go to wherever you want to buy and get a feel for the area.

regards
Marty

Back