Campbellfield, Melbourne?

Hi Guys,
Im interested to know what people think of Campbellfield in Melbourne's north-west. Traditionally it has been considered a low socio-economic area, (being next-door to Broadmeadows) and fairly industrial, but it is right on the Western Ring Road, and only 15ks from the CBD.
Any suggestions on its potential for capital growth?

many thanks lovely people,
: )

There was another thread recently which discussed Broady, the link is here

Have worked in the area (5 yrs), and I am not a big fan. Demographics I don't believe are the best for investment and while if you are looking long term, things might change, I believe there are other suburbs which offer better opportunities. Glenroy which is before Broadmeadows (but of course more expensive) would be a better option IMO if you were looking at that area.

Another what-if scenario you should consider, is what would happen to the surrounding areas, if Ford moved to a simple importer and not a manufacturer as it is today.

Others though may have more insight though.

A bit off topic, but from what I understand Ford is increasing local manufacturing with the Focus and Fiesta (not 100% sure about Fiesta) soon to be made here. On the other hand though from memory they are dumping the locally made 6 cylinder engines for American engines some time in the next few years. No idea what, if any, impact that will have to the areas in question here

Back