Campbelltown

Hi Guys

I am looking at investing in Campbelltown in Sydney.

I know prices have gone backwards since the GFC but would 3 bed town houses do well in the area priced in low $400's?

There are some 3 bed units selling in the same price range but when i look at houses you can buy a run down house for $350k on 800sqm while the town houses would be sitting on 300sqm but would be brand new.

Is low $400's too expensive for the area?

$400's is far too expensive for the area. You can get houses in good condition in the mid to high $300k's. Campbelltown has got quite good rental yields and the council is quite good when it comes to development.

$400's is far too expensive for the area. You can get houses in good condition in the mid to high $300k's. Campbelltown has got quite good rental yields and the council is quite good when it comes to development.

These would be off the plan and be complete in 2 years. Do you still think it is too expensive.

These would be off the plan and be complete in 2 years. Do you still think it is too expensive.

Run away as quickly and far away from the deal as possible. It really depends on your strategy but a lot of investors (im one of those investors) are looking at larger blocks returning decent cash-flow today and with a view of developing/adding dwellings later on. Have you tried looking at western sydney area as well?

Run away as quickly and far away from the deal as possible. It really depends on your strategy but a lot of investors (im one of those investors) are looking at larger blocks returning decent cash-flow today and with a view of developing/adding dwellings later on. Have you tried looking at western sydney area as well?

Why should I run away, is off the plan bad?

Shahin said run away because Shahin thinks they are too expensive for that area and you will get no capital growth in the short and mid term.
I agree with Shahin.

Off the plan purchases carry a lot of risk. There is plenty of feedback from members on this forum with horror stories. I have had many clients you have been burned as well. Why would you buy a $400k unit in campbelltown with high strata (and strata which will always continue to rise and you have no control over this) when you can pick up a house in the area which carries good potential to development, subdivide, etc?

There are great bargains

Kool David ,

I just purchased a 3 bedroom house with gf potential in Quakers Hill 5 min walk from train station for 362000, it's currently renting for 400/week without any Reno yet.

Sam

Back