Can a Trust/Company help me?

Hi everyone,

I work for the Government and am provided subsidised housing. Part of this agreement is that if I own a house in the locality I am living in I have to move in to it and no longer receive that housing subsidy. I want to purchase a property that currently has a long term lease on it, which prevents me from moving in, yet the Government would still deem me as owning a house in locality, therefore no longer entitled to subsidised housing, forcing me to rent privately.

Is it possible, legally, through a company name or trust or something similar, to purchase that property without me personally buying it, allowing me to keep my subsidised rent?

I currently have no trusts etc. set up. It is just my wife and I.

I am going to speak to my accountant but I just thought I would throw the scenario out there first, to gauge whether it is even possible.

BR

A solicitor might give you more insight than an accountant. Why not buy something outside of the area? That way you will definately get to keep the subsidy.

If you purchased using a company/trust, how would they ever know? After all, the house would have been purchased for the benefit of the benificiaries, not for you.

Tubs

Back