can someone explain...

Some good points, jaycee.

I'd suggest though, that the asking price can be an indication whether the vendor is realistic or dreaming. And when you get a large range where 1 end is dreaming and the other end maybe close to realistic, it can help determine whether to have a go at it, or wait until they become realistic.

Some good points, jaycee.

I'd suggest though, that the asking price can be an indication whether the vendor is realistic or dreaming. And when you get a large range where 1 end is dreaming and the other end maybe close to realistic, it can help determine whether to have a go at it, or wait until they become realistic.

We bought a property about 3 years ago. The vendor had it advertised previously for $250K, but it wasn't until he dropped the price to $175K that we bought it.
It had been on the market for a couple of years by then.

So Kathryn,

You sound like you agree that it makes no difference if it's a single price or a range, to the realisticness of the buyer, so exactly the sme difficutlies / opprotunties coudl be foudn with both scenarios

I think enough time spent trying to differntiate the 2 scenarios, when there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in outcome for the investor.

So Kathryn,

You sound like you agree that it makes no difference if it's a single price or a range, to the realisticness of the buyer, so exactly the sme difficutlies / opprotunties coudl be foudn with both scenarios

I think enough time spent trying to differntiate the 2 scenarios, when there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in outcome for the investor.

We do not have "ranges" here in my area.
Can't be sure how I'd react.
Many times we offer the full price, because it is the conditions that are most important to us.

Well the first house we liked went up for auction on the weekend and sold for 430. It had a range of 410-450 in the advertisment. This price range stuff is driving me insane.

We've found another one which is 440-460, dropped from 470-490.

We're thinking of putting in an offer this weekend. But gee it's all so confusing. After looking at many many houses recently, we reckon the house is a 450+ house. I am one of those black n white people, offer what you wanna pay and that's it, no more bets!!!:p lol, but I know that doesn't always work in this game. It is so very stressful for people like me, new to the buying market.

Also, just how do you know if, when you put in an offer and they come back and say, we've already got an offer of X (higher), I mean, do we really know if that's the case??? If it's still below what you're willing to pay, do you bump up your offer?????:cool::cool::eek:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all too much. hehehehe:D

Cheers

Lisa

Back