Can we still get 95% LVR or better Loans?

Hi All,

I have noted all the talk about lenders winding back the LVRs they are prepared to lend to. But when you look at the Loan Comparison websites alot of the lenders, non bank lenders in particular, are still listed with high LVRs available. Perhaps they just haven't updated these websites?

Either way, if you wanted to get a loan at a high LVR (95-97%) where would people be looking now? If not with one of the main stream lenders do any of the others (Credit Unions or otherwise) offer reasonable alternatives? Are there any major disadvantages of borrowing from the smaller lenders?

Thanks,

MF35

HIYA MF35

95 %s are close to dodos

Many of the smaller guys simply havent updated their data.

Its still possible to get an isolated 95 with lenders such as Bankwest..........at a rate for risk, but I reckon we have a about a week of that left

ta
rolf

We are getting one with st george (if this IP ever gets a move on). It is a 95% with LMI capitalised on top off it (so effectively 97%). But we have a good long history with st george and we started this process a couple of weeks ago now - so I am not sure what their current policies are. Bank of queensland were / are our other option for a 95% loan.

lvr for mining town

Just wondering if we still can get 95% for mining town such as roxby downs , karattha
thanks

Just wondering if we still can get 95% for mining town such as roxby downs , karattha
thanks

Karratha, you could as of today but as Rolf is saying you'd have to get in quick (probably this week). Not sure about Roxby Downs or other mining towns. Also, valuations in these locations tend to be going haywire, which is going to limit your ability to borrow a full 95%.

Kind Regards,

Cameron Perry
Perry Financial Strategies

Last edited by a moderator:
Back