Can you haggle at Bunnings?

If you find the product advertised at a cheaper price then they will discount that price by 10%.

Other than that you might get discounts if you are a builder or any such trade and have the relevant account set up.

I've tried and failed aswell, I had about $1000 worth of random renovation gear. Anyone know the policy for getting a "trade" discount. Might be worth going through the hoops if you buy a lot of stuff there.

Thanks all. We used to get a "trade" discount due to the number of renovations we did, but it was a bit "hit and miss" and often we would be questioned. That was years ago.

I'll see if I can find one online for less and see how that goes. If I can't find one cheaper, I'll probably just grit my teeth and pay full price. I'm not going to choose "near enough" for this renovation. We did that last time and for 14 years I've been showering over the top of an acrylic bath. Every day it annoys me just a little more :mad:.

I'm also going to get my chosen wall hung toilet. I will then be able to spend all day mopping underneath the toilet if I so desire :p.

Hard enough getting a bunnings person to assist who knows anything let alone haggle with them.

I have a Bunnings Powerpass trade card so get some level of discount on trade related products.

Hard enough getting a bunnings person to assist who knows anything let alone haggle with them.

I have a Bunnings Powerpass trade card so get some level of discount on trade related products.

Great :D. Can you please buy the bath for me, and pop it in a padded bag to Brisbane :D?

PS. I went to the larger of our two local Bunnings (not the one I generally go to) and had THREE STAFF MEMBERS approach me to ask me if I needed help. I nearly fainted.

https://www.bunningspowerpass.com.au/myaccount/f?p=111:MYPP

I have one from by business ABN as we qualify under general building/trade services for client office IT fitouts.

One of the best things is the online store so I can price up heaps of stuff for renos and stuff without jhaving to schlep around Bunnings for an hour.

If someone is nice enough who knows, I may be kind enough to add some additional card holders :)

More likely to be able to haggle at Mitre10 as they are independently owned - owner sets the prices and can discount at will.

More likely to be able to haggle at Mitre10 as they are independently owned - owner sets the prices and can discount at will.

I know for a fact they can do a discounted price if you are spending a bit of money.

We were looking at buying a large number of an item once and they offered us a decent discount - we hadn't even asked at that stage because we were unsure of which brand we'd be going with.

One of the best things is the online store so I can price up heaps of stuff for renos and stuff without having to schlep around Bunnings for an hour.

i hate there online store! needs a better search engine
if you search something it list thousands of items so you cant search by price as then it just lists a whole heap of crap
even if you know what category its in you cant search that particular catergory without it then searching everything and not listing it.

eg search for (3 most recent ones i have been looking for)
speaker wiring
toilet brush
toilet roll holder

but wait i want to search by price aswell so now change it from relevance to price low- high

Price match is the best way to go.

I price matched a Dewalt drill + 2x 4ah batteries ($469 bunnings) to an ebay site for $299.

With the 10% price guarantee, i paid $269 for it :)

I think Masters have the same offer as Bunnings (10% discount on a cheaper item). So go to either of the two that are more expensive, get the 10% discount (in writing) and then go to the other and get a further 10%.

Many years ago I worked at Bunnings and people certainly were able to haggle on certain items providing they were purchasing in sufficient volume on items with enough margin.

Bunnings was also very serious about it's 10% off policy when a compeditior had the same item for less. Individual staff were empowered to authorise the discount. The catch is it has to be the same item and Bunnings does have a cunning method of getting suppliers to make a marginally different item which is exclusive to Bunnings (essentially the same item with a different model number). This was quite common in power tools.

I imagine that if a store is under heavy competition from Masters or similar, your chances of haggling are vastly improved.

The catch is it has to be the same item and Bunnings does have a cunning method of getting suppliers to make a marginally different item which is exclusive to Bunnings (essentially the same item with a different model number).

yep, that is the catch. Always a catch...:rolleyes:

I think Masters have the same offer as Bunnings (10% discount on a cheaper item). So go to either of the two that are more expensive, get the 10% discount (in writing) and then go to the other and get a further 10%.

Masters tends to carry very different product lines to Bunnings, so even IF you found identical items, usually the staff member calls up the competing store to confirm the current sale price on in-stock items, and they won't give you a written confirmation of the 10% discount.
Therefore, your plan wouldn't work.

The PowerPass discount at Bunnings consists of an online application, with the discount varying upon your trade. ie. Electricians get a higher discount on electrical goods than they would on timber, which is likely to be zero.

Back