Can you haggle at Bunnings?

I got a trade card at Bunnings once - just for "general handyman" classification. I ended up using the card as an applicator ....for filler etc, it had better value that way :D

The discounts are a joke, very limited and the best discounts were on nuts/ bolts etc @ 2c or 3c. Paint ...forget that! I had so much trouble with using the card for discount/credits - took twice as long to process most things I gave up wasting my time. A full time chippy told me his discounts were not any better.

Re bargaining, try approaching from a different angle - shop soiled, carton opened etc. I wanted to buy an outdoor umbrella stand a few years back - the round cast iron type you use in the back yard. They are not exactly cheap and not too many local shops had them ... I needed that day. The local small Bunnings had one so I had no choice, but the only one they seemed to have was on display. Hmmm...... shop soiled (it was going to sit out in the garden when not in use ;)) so I asked staff member if they had any more - being fairly sure they didn't, and as I they didn't I asked if he would discount the one on display with dust on it and no box ...which I would have thrown away anyway. Got about 50% off. :D :D

bunnings are that close to their mark that they offer very little discount to even the regulars

I have installed 30 + of their kitchens and just get 5-10% for sales volume at the best

will I pass that on to any client,,,,, NO WAY

that goes into the cost of me living and eating and working my but cheeks off !

they have sales volume - end of storey

I have a gold card for Mitre 10 and even with that they dont come close

I put $5000 through my account every month on average and have fought for my discount ( it comes with a no questions asked return for goods ) and I have earned it

good luck,,, go earn it !

Do Bunnings Staff get discounts?

I don't think you get any discounts as a Wesfarmers Shareholder

Bunnings staff do get discounts.

I ended up buying a bath via ebay for $1895. Same one was about $3,200 on one site and on that same site if I ordered it with a long lead time to allow the container to arrive, I could have got it for around $2,400.

I emailed Bunnings with the photo of the exact same bath to see if they would price match. They emailed me back saying it was not the same bath. Clearly I had to price match to the same brand, even though there are several of these egg baths that all look the same. They are possibly even made by the same factory, who knows?

We ended up with a different style, not the egg.

Anyway, I've got one from ebay and it should be delivered Friday. It is a bit of a risk, but I'll wait and see.

Back