Can you send me your Depreciation Schedule?

meme.jpg

Quite frankly, the only one who has lost their mind is you.

Did you read the part where it's not legal to just make **** up / copy **** from other examples???

This oughta be good entertainment.

why not humour us and give us a figure, purchasing price.

Have your DS report handy. I'll generate the values and you compare and see how far off I am?

Everyone's loling at me saying how wrong my calculations are and there is 0 chance of it being right why not prove me wrong.

Yeah thought so. Deep down you know I'm right.

Or you will troll me. Like battleship. I say C5 and even though it's a hit because you're too shamed to admit it you move your ship and say umm..... um... miss. yeah that's right miss.

Quite frankly, the only one who has lost their mind is you.

Did you read the part where it's not legal to just make **** up / copy **** from other examples???

Did you read the part where it says qualified people can do it.

Plus there is no harm in doing your due diligence to get an estimate. i can always then go to a depreciator or QS and get a report done and compare.

What's the harm in posting your purchase price and your list of values? i just want to compare my model and see how close it is. I can't work out where your IP or address is from your purchase price.

I actually feel the ATO needs to be alerted to this type of behavior.

It's people like this that flaunt the rules that cause grief for the rest of us who make informed, qualified and legally executed tax returns.

pinkboy

Fullylucky

You could have a crack at putting something together for interests sake, you can research the different depreciation rates and rules but at the end of the day people who prepare Tax Depreciation Schedules, need to be registered as Tax Agents.

Here's an interesting quote from a QS company re excel

Excel can?t really accommodate the twists and turns of the Low Value Pool

In our defence, we hadn't prepared for the contingency of someone trying to use Mr Example Person's report to do their own taxes. It doesn't happen a lot for reasons most people here can see are obvious.

As for the graph mix-up? I'm not sure that's a serious error. The information was correct; it was just in a different order and was still easy to interpret.

You say there are "a ton of mistakes" so I do encourage you to point the rest of them out (so far your count is at 1.5). We appreciate any feedback and welcome the opportunity to make any corrections.
The date on the example pdf report was 23 Oct 2014. That means someone, a staff updated it. To a potential customer looking at an example with 5 year outdated ruling might be seen as glossing over and rubber stamping it without giving it a proper review. Does that reflect well on a company that prides itself in attention to detail? quality etc...?

Mixing up the series order between two adjacent graphs is misleading. The top graph gets added (cumulative) to create the values for the second graph. It's erroneous to switch the order of the series. So it's 2 mistakes not 1.5.

I'm not gonna peer review reports and your website for free.

Your competitor is doing the same business strategies as you.:
http://www.depreciator.com.au/cost-for-tds.html

"Did you know your tax depreciation schedule is completely TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
Understandably, the most common question we get asked is, ?How much is a Depreciation Schedule??

Our answer is, ?It depends?.

Don?t you hate that reply. But it does depend on a few things: location, age of the property and the amount of information you have on costs are the main variables.

The great thing is that when you call us, the person you speak to in your very first call will be able to work out the best way to tackle your job and they will quote you a fee ? they can even email you an invoice (often during that conversation). "

First degree price discrimination.

"Refer a friend and get a reward: $40 gift card.

You don?t even need to be a client to refer!"

Hmmm..... seems legit.

network economics of scale, word of mouth.

"There are some discount suppliers out there who don?t use quantity surveyors to inspect properties. They say they do, but they?re fibbing ? we?ve caught a few of them out. "

Trying to pull away from perfect competition and differentiate themselves.

Fullylucky

You could have a crack at putting something together for interests sake, you can research the different depreciation rates and rules but at the end of the day people who prepare Tax Depreciation Schedules, need to be registered as Tax Agents.

Here's an interesting quote from a QS company re excel

Excel can accommodate everything. Whoever said that doesn't know how to use Excel.

Exactly - qualified people. Which you are quite clearly NOT.

And thinking your little spreadsheet calculations are even remotely comparable to a properly prepared depreciation schedule?? I can't work out which are bigger - the wtf? belly laughs, or the wtf? headaches, both caused by this thread. Good grief. :rolleyes:

You do realise by selling a depreciation schedule and not being a registered tax agent that you are committing a criminal offense ?

Where did I sell a depreciation schedule? Only sore losers start to twist other members words when they know they are being out argued with logical reason and common sense.

I'm like one of the few people on this site trying to help others. Half the people on here are like you should spend money on this and that. On every thread.

Need a loan? Go to a loan broker. ??!? really?

You don't pay loan brokers so they have to make their money somehow. From lenders! two lenders A and B, A has lower interest rates. B pays higher commission which one do you think the broker will refer.

Well, I've been known to like to save a dollar or two on purchases. But seriously! This is just foolhardy!

I would not like to be you, should the ATO come a knocking.

It's not against the law to do up your own model to get an estimate and then go and get a proper one done is it?

why not humour us and give us a figure, purchasing price.

I will humor you. $850k purchase price. Ready... Go.

If your result is higher depreciation you go to gaol. If it is lower you have missed out on potential depreciation benefit a (and will likely go to gaol as well)

Unless your answer is 100% accurate you lose. And oh, even if it is accurate you save a couple of hundred $$ and go to gaol.

Oh wait. What's the point of this again?

Blacky

To the OP, you do realise the ATO reads this forum? Quick, get out of your jammies, because I think somebody from the ATO is knocking at your door right now :eek:.

ATO is a body that collects the main source of revenue for the government. They are not secret police.

You're not doing anything wrong by trying to model trends.

You guys are so bad at maths that you are scared of it.

You need to pull your head in. Some of the people you have shown attitude to be it directly like coasty or indirectly like depreciator are among the most helpful on this site.

I have personally used depreciator's services and although I haven't used coasty he's provided excellent advice for many people here and I'm personally pretty discerning when it comes to accountants.

You think you're one of the few people on here trying to help others?? Give me a break, all you're helping with is giving people a reason to laugh

I will humor you. $850k purchase price. Ready... Go.

If your result is higher depreciation you go to gaol. If it is lower you have missed out on potential depreciation benefit a (and will likely go to gaol as well)

Unless your answer is 100% accurate you lose. And oh, even if it is accurate you save a couple of hundred $$ and go to gaol.

Oh wait. What's the point of this again?

Blacky

Here you go blacky.

blacky.png

Disclaimer: Remember now this is just a estimate. You need to go to a professional.

Also the highlighted first year cell could be wrong since you didn't give me the other piece of information. but all other cells should be spot on hopefully.

Also the property can't be a non-typical property e.g. 40yr or 60yo house etc. :)

You need to pull your head in. Some of the people you have shown attitude to be it directly like coasty or indirectly like depreciator are among the most helpful on this site.

I have personally used depreciator's services and although I haven't used coasty he's provided excellent advice for many people here and I'm personally pretty discerning when it comes to accountants.

You think you're one of the few people on here trying to help others?? Give me a break, all you're helping with is giving people a reason to laugh

Sorry for being rude to everyone. Just in a bad mood. Feels like the world is against me.

I started this thread hoping people can share their data...

People scared thinking somehow it could harm them... by knowing their DS values.

Back